Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem neighbours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Well in a positive update I got a phonecall from a woman who works in the local supermarket earlier. She has heard they are moving so with any sort of luck I will shortly be cracking open the Champagne ... YOU'RE ALL INVITED!

I have just seen some of those comments about provoking them and so on. That has never happened, when I meet these people I walk by as if they don't exist.

What has upset them is that when I moved in here it was just after my tenants moved out. Things were still very unstable for me at that stage, I was struggling to cope financially with all the commitments that I had to meet after the death of my partner. (It was an accident and while it was some time ago there were large tax bills to be paid on what he left me and fairly shortly thereafter Anglo was wiped out which meant that I lost a huge portion of what he left me and had already paid the taxes. It also took me three years to collect the life insurance policy that came to me in August because of a situation with his ex-wife) Anyway at that stage they had just moved in as well and I was in a similar situation to them in that I didn't have much money and all that. They felt we were on the same level or whatever (how they thought this when I was struggling to start a small new business rather than sitting round taking social welfare and having Joan Burton pay my mortgage I do not know) anyway while I associated to a degree in the early stages after witnessing some behaviour involving alcohol I distanced myself from them. I'm no prude and I love a drink but I don't like people to drink to excess especially when they alternate between sodden drunk and aggressive. They took this as a slight. They then got pissed off because when the insurance claim was paid I spent some improving my house, I bought a new car and took my business on a level. They have made comments about my money, my spending habits etc to other people in the village. Like when my oil was stolen a friend of mine was told that "he can afford it". I am a very reserved quiet person generally and I make every effort to never show emotion in public.

To say that I have provoked them is a bit much. Did I provoke them to steal my oil? Maybe the fact that I put a Land Rover in the drive was the provocation for this? Maybe I should just let myself sink like them? Is that the answer?

In regards to "upsetting the plod" the local Gardai know me quite well I have spoken out against them loudly on a number of occasions and it's not the first time I have spoken against the Gardai. I will always say it just as loudly when they do a good job. But I am a member of a political organisation and I speak in the area of justice on a regular basis, I believe strongly in the criminal justice system, I believe that we have one of the best in the world in this country and that when it fails it does so because of the Gardai and their failure to apply the law in the manner in which it was intended. While it may sound like I have a fractious relationship with them this is not the case. Just as often as I have spoken against them I have spoken for them and they got two additional Gardai here most recently because I fought to get them because of the difficulty and pressure that the local Gardai are under to meet the demands raised here. They have a job to do and so do I and while we fight at times we respect the fact that we are both just doing a job.

Before anyone points it out let me be clear I speak on crime and justice as a layman not as a professional law man or law maker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

toexpress wrote: »
    I have been in communication with their Landlord yes, He has gotten an eviction order, but they have appealed it therefore the order is under a stay as it were. And yes, I can have him held criminally accountable for the actions of his tenants, I am not saying I would but I will lodge the complaint so that it goes to his case for getting them out at the tribunal at the very least.

You have absolutely no basis for making the landlord criminally liable. He has done all he can be expected to do within the law. You have made comments elsewhere on this forum about the residential tenancies Act which were wrong and came from a website which just gave global advice. You are basing this entitlement to sue the landlord next door on the basis of a story about a friend. Can you point to any law which says you can prosecute the neighbouring landlord. What common law offence? What statute?

You have absolutely no basis for making the landlord criminally liable. He has done all he can be expected to do within the law. You have made comments elsewhere on this forum about the residential tenancies Act which were wrong and came from a website which just gave global advice. You are basing this entitlement to sue the landlord next door on the basis of a story about a friend. Can you point to any law which says you can prosecute the neighbouring landlord. What common law offence? What statute?

No I am basing that on what the Chief Superintendent has told me actually

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

it sounds like your impatience caused all this

You said earlier that you had never heard of it until a friend of yours had an incident. Did the Chief Superintendent tell you what the charge would be? How come your solicitor didn't tell you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

I am sorry to tell you the Chief Superintendent is wrong. You can not hold the landlord criminally liable for the illegal acts of his tenants.

Now civil liability might be a different matter. But the fact that he has taken legal action to PIAB and secured an eviction order, which has been appealed, I really can not see a court awarding any damages against him, as he has done all within his power to fix the issue. Unless you can prove he knew the tenants would act in the manner they have.

Glad to hear that the matter may now be resolved.

I have just seen some of those comments about provoking them and so on. That has never happened, when I meet these people I walk by as if they don't exist.

You don't think the fact that you are an arrogant know-all who boasts about connections in high places and material possessions has anything to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

hi all, I also have problems with neighbours. I moved back to live with my parents a while ago due to the economic situation. It's a terraced house.

Anyway it all started over a year ago, with a new tenant (in his 40's), loud music all hours of the morning, slamming doors constantly, drinking and raised voices arguing. Last week someone was banging on his front door trying to kick it in and threw something through the front window and was threatening to firebomb him out of the house. There is still a huge hole in the front window. Just last night 3 teenage girls and a teenage boy entered the house with a crate of budweiser, so loud music and arguing, door slamming ensued again. Just before I rang the guards a paddy wagon and unmarked car came along and knocked on his door, he wouldn't open it so they shouted at him from outside to turn the music down. He did.

The problem we have is that the person (who used to obviously be our neighbour) who owns the home is in a nursing home and it's his daughter who is renting out the house, with her husband. We don't know her address and conviently she is ex-directory. This is the fourth tenant in as many years that my parents have had this kind of trouble with.

We've been in touch with a garda liason officer. Rang the garai anytime there has been noise or disturbances. Other neighbours have also rang the gardai. We write down an account of all instances of disturbances. There is also a young woman with a toddler living on the other side of this troublesome neighbour, I dread to think what could happen there.

I've even been on the PRTB website to check if they're registed and the address is not registered, so I've sent in a form with the landlords (the daughters name) and the estate she lives in (we only know the name of the estate, not the number of her house) to see if the PRTB will get in contact with her, as we weren't ready for the legal route.

We've been to the citizens advice centre and the gardai. It's got to the stage now we're going to go to a solictor. Before we do this, is there anything further we can do? The tenant is the problem but the landlord doesn't give a feck at all, is just interested in getting the money. As far as I'm aware the tenant doesn't work, he does nixers and could also be receipt of rent allowance..does this make a difference? I know there is something about anti social behavour with neighbours and you can contact the City Council but my parents own the house. My parents and I are at our wits end..can anyone offer advice?

You don't think the fact that you are an arrogant know-all who boasts about connections in high places and material possessions has anything to do with it?

LOL I would have to have some material possessions to boast about. Furthermore I would have to talk to these people to boast about material possessions to them. Clearly, as I am asking for advice I accept fully that I do not know all. And as to my connections in high places, anyone can pick up the phone to their District Chief Superintendent, the fact that I know him in my capacity as a member of a political organisation doesn't mean he will treat me better than he does anyone else and I can safely say if he did I would make sure that it was the last time that he did.

I'm pretty sure there are rules about insulting other posters in the forum charter. I haven't been offensive to you in any way and I would appreciate that if you have nothing to offer that might help the situation and just intend to be rude and offensive that you find someone else to bother, I have enough problems

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

I have been in communication with their Landlord yes, He has gotten an eviction order, but they have appealed it therefore the order is under a stay as it were. And yes, I can have him held criminally accountable for the actions of his tenants, I am not saying I would but I will lodge the complaint so that it goes to his case for getting them out at the tribunal at the very least.

Aside from that I have had costs here as a result of these people. I do feel he should make some gesture in respect of these costs and as he hasn't done so as yet I can always get some of the money out of him through another means if needs be.

In fairness o/p your posts are contradictory and some of your stories are far fetched. I don't believe some of them. No Chief Superintendant told you anything of the kind you are claiming. You claimed your neighbour did not deal with your complaints but you later claim that he moved to evict your tenants after an incident on 25th August 2011 and actually got a hearing date in the PRTB and got a direction to evict before now. Doesn't happen. The waiting list in the PRTB is a lot longer and it is almost impossible to evict on the basis of anti-social behaviour.
    It is not necessary to communicate with people to boast. You claim to have a Land Rover. that is a material possession. You seem proud of the fact of having it. Getting out of your land rover with a smug smirk and ignoring your neighbour has probably encouraged their behaviour.
    Your alleged treatment of a guard who contacted you to let you know of a complaint was despicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

i know a guy who can make all your problems go away for a reasonable fee.

Kosseegan wrote: »
    In fairness o/p your posts are contradictory and some of your stories are far fetched. I don't believe some of them. No Chief Superintendant told you anything of the kind you are claiming. You claimed your neighbour did not deal with your complaints but you later claim that he moved to evict your tenants after an incident on 25th August 2011 and actually got a hearing date in the PRTB and got a direction to evict before now. Doesn't happen. The waiting list in the PRTB is a lot longer and it is almost impossible to evict on the basis of anti-social behaviour.
    It is not necessary to communicate with people to boast. You claim to have a Land Rover. that is a material possession. You seem proud of the fact of having it. Getting out of your land rover with a smug smirk and ignoring your neighbour has probably encouraged their behaviour.
    Your alleged treatment of a guard who contacted you to let you know of a complaint was despicable.

Where to start with this. Right were you privy to the conversations I had with the Chief Superintendent? No, you weren't so you don't know what he told me. Now maybe I misunderstood him, maybe he misunderstood some of my questions whatever I accept that of course I could be mistaken in my interpretation of the information that I got but to call me a liar without knowing word one about me is just a bit much.

Secondly, the waiting list for the PRTB is quite long. I attended a hearing at the end of October, it was escalated because of the seriousness of the situation. If you want to ring the PRTB they will verify that this happens. I do not accept that the landlord should have gone near the PRTB he had a copy of the complaint lodged with the Gardai over the initial issues which was supported by witness statements that I collected. In light of that, and the anti-social caveats in the Tenancies Act '04 he could evict them on 7 days notice and that is what he should have done, then this situation wouldn't have become so serious where my life and my home are under threat!

Now as to my giving smug smirks as I step out of my Land Rover more utter nonsense and abuse. I bought that for the purposes of my business because I needed something like that and for no other reason. I have no pride in having it, it was paid for with the insurance money that came after the death of my partner and I would as happily be on shanks mare rather than have it if it would bring him back. What would you have me do? Hop out of the car and chat with them after they broke into my home, stole my heating oil and threatened to set my house afire.

You make a lot of assumptions and sweeping allegations with no basis in reality and whatever your motivations are I don't know but launching a personal attack on me is a bit much at the end of the day. I am not the subject of your ire so I would take your issues up with whoever is the subject of your ire.

Where to start with this. Right were you privy to the conversations I had with the Chief Superintendent? No, you weren't so you don't know what he told me. Now maybe I misunderstood him, maybe he misunderstood some of my questions whatever I accept that of course I could be mistaken in my interpretation of the information that I got but to call me a liar without knowing word one about me is just a bit much.

Secondly, the waiting list for the PRTB is quite long. I attended a hearing at the end of October, it was escalated because of the seriousness of the situation. If you want to ring the PRTB they will verify that this happens. I do not accept that the landlord should have gone near the PRTB he had a copy of the complaint lodged with the Gardai over the initial issues which was supported by witness statements that I collected. In light of that, and the anti-social caveats in the Tenancies Act '04 he could evict them on 7 days notice and that is what he should have done, then this situation wouldn't have become so serious where my life and my home are under threat!

Now as to my giving smug smirks as I step out of my Land Rover more utter nonsense and abuse. I bought that for the purposes of my business because I needed something like that and for no other reason. I have no pride in having it, it was paid for with the insurance money that came after the death of my partner and I would as happily be on shanks mare rather than have it if it would bring him back. What would you have me do? Hop out of the car and chat with them after they broke into my home, stole my heating oil and threatened to set my house afire.

You make a lot of assumptions and sweeping allegations with no basis in reality and whatever your motivations are I don't know but launching a personal attack on me is a bit much at the end of the day. I am not the subject of your ire so I would take your issues up with whoever is the subject of your ire.

You could start by not making up any more lies. The landlord had not choice but to go to the PRTB. He can give 7 days notice and if the tenant overholds he can go to the PRTB. There was no other option. What else do you say the landlord should have done? There is no other way of lawfully terminating the tenancy. You know very little about the law as regards residential tenants and yet you claim to have been incontact with a solicitor and a senior garda. You were challenged to state the offence the landlord would be charged with. You have not answered. Your story has far too many holes in it. I don't need to have heard conversations you allegedly had. Unless the Chief superintendent was on drugs nothing like that would have been said.

Kosseegan wrote: »
    You could start by not making up any more lies. The landlord had not choice but to go to the PRTB. He can give 7 days notice and if the tenant overholds he can go to the PRTB. There was no other option. What else do you say the landlord should have done? There is no other way of lawfully terminating the tenancy. You know very little about the law as regards residential tenants and yet you claim to have been incontact with a solicitor and a senior garda. You were challenged to state the offence the landlord would be charged with. You have not answered. Your story has far too many holes in it. I don't need to have heard conversations you allegedly had. Unless the Chief superintendent was on drugs nothing like that would have been said.

OK fair enough then you carry on you know it all. End of conversation there anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OK fair enough then you carry on you know it all. End of conversation there anyway!
    Many people have the same problem as you, and most would read your thread as it has a "happy ending", but not stating how you did stops them from getting rid of their own problem neighbours.

As for the PTRB; most LL's know that unless they follow due procedure, they can be sued thousands for illegal eviction, so even though it takes a long time, they go through the due process.

the_syco wrote: »
    Many people have the same problem as you, and most would read your thread as it has a "happy ending", but not stating how you did stops them from getting rid of their own problem neighbours.

As for the PTRB; most LL's know that unless they follow due procedure, they can be sued thousands for illegal eviction, so even though it takes a long time, they go through the due process.

Well they haven't gone yet so it's not a happy ending ... just yet. But to be fair since the Friday they have been ignoring me just as much as I have been ignoring me, I would go so far as to say they have been perfect neighbours wouldn't even know they were there. If I could be assured that would continue I wouldn't care if they moved or not

Being fined or whatever with the PRTB is fine and well but at the end of the day the tenant has to file the complaint and pay for it. Sometimes this happens but it has been my experience they don't bother thereafter to follow up

It costs a tenant €25 to make a complaint. Many do. The PRTB website has hundreds of cases of tenants pursuing complaints. Do you seriously expect your next door neighbour to illegally evict his tenants? Do you seriously believe that he is guilty of a criminal offence if he does not. The mind boggles.

I know this is really small of me but it was like a small victory and it made me laugh. I got a phonecall from a letting agent that I use asking me was everything OK she seemed to think I had let my house to this problem neighbour (she made a mistake with the numbers) but anyway seems your woman is looking for a new house.

right that crowd have tried to break in here twice this evening alone and the second time they frightened the living daylights out of me. Started kicking at the door. The Gardai can't do a thing according to themselves I am sitting here now petrified at this stage despite the Garda assurance that nothing will happen and they wont do a thing (apparently I need to get this into my head)

I know they are going soon but even still they do something and the heart is put across me so how much more does it take?

I came home from work this evening, glue in the lock. €115 to a locksmith anyone got any ideas on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Marcanthony

Cameras are probably a great idea. Just incase they attack you at some stage and claim it was self defence. (HOWEVER MAY MAKE THEM WORSE)

You are lucky in a way that they dont own the property. It would be a matter of selling or getting out.

I suggest you invest in some ear plugs and ignore them. When they get no satisfaction out of annoying you. They most likly will look for another neighbour to intimidate.

Get a pulse number from the garda in case you need assistance imediatly at any stage.

There is two sides to every story.You might not like their life style and unknown to you. This is probably shown in your exspessions and they are doing all they can to annoy you.As you did state already (I walk by as if they don't exist). I think that would pretty much annoy, most people.

Maybe if you get a third party and you all sit down together and work out a truce in relation to each others issues.(maybe a member from your political party and you could use your negotiating skills. As you where able to get additional garda for your area) This may create a more peacful life and hope they just move sooner rather than later.

The odd acknowledgement there after like good morning ect. May keep the issue at bay, and you dont need to be their best friend.

I hope for your sake that if/when the landlord gets a new tennant. They reflect what would be to you a good tennant and dont lower your standards. Maybe a bussiness man with a new jeep.(live and let live) or maybe the cycle will start all over again.

PEACE TO THE WORLD

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

right that crowd have tried to break in here twice this evening alone and the second time they frightened the living daylights out of me. Started kicking at the door. The Gardai can't do a thing according to themselves I am sitting here now petrified at this stage despite the Garda assurance that nothing will happen and they wont do a thing (apparently I need to get this into my head)

I know they are going soon but even still they do something and the heart is put across me so how much more does it take?

Im only seeing this post now. Let me get this straight; the Gardai told you that they can do nothing about someone breaking into your house?!! Where abouts in Kildare do you live; I hope to god they are not my local Gardai...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I suggest you invest in some ear plugs and ignore them. When they get no satisfaction out of annoying you. They most likly will look for another neighbour to intimidate.

Really? He comes home to find glue in his lock as well as everything else that has gone on and your suggestion is to get ear plugs and ignore them?

djimi wrote: »
    Really? He comes home to find glue in his lock as well as everything else that has gone on and your suggestion is to get ear plugs and ignore them?

I have read all toexpress posts and I do agree the glue in his lock is below the belt.

But a couple of questions toexpress needs to give info on is

Are they in conflict with any other neighbour other than himself? Surley there is another neighbour on the opposite side to them.

Is toexpress playing tit for tat?

Theres two sides to every story.

If they are as bad as he makes out.If he ignores them and they get no satisfaction . They will most likly look for another victim. Thats why I stated invest in ear plugs and ignore them.

However I think he regards his neighbours as social inferiors and regards them as lower-class and treats them that way. I think this is where the problems stem. Read his posts and youll understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Right I really need some advice because I can't see an end in site to this situation and I am starting to feel physically sick from it.

On the 25th of August 2011 a car pulled up right across my gate, I was in my car directly behind it and indicating. I got out and asked the driver to move it and she put her hand in my face and said in a minute. Obviously this didn't sit well with me and I made her move it there and then. She hurled foul abuse at me (I did return fire which I admit was uncalled for I shouldn't have called her a slag and I did apologise for that) Anyway she sent her boyfriend up to "sort me" he pushed his way into my house and ripped my shirt, he fell like a sack of potatoes when I hit back, he clearly didn't see that one coming. As a result of this their landlord has been trying to evict them.

Anyway this was followed closely by their putting stupid notes through my letter box. Claims that I harass them by making "rude hand gestures" through the window and that I "open the window to laugh at her children through it" her "children" are 16 and 19 and that has never happened. The mother (it's a mother her son and daughter with the regular of the mothers boyfriend thrown into the mix both of whom are alcoholics) has hurled abuse at me as I go to and from the house things like "dirty ******" the latest being on Monday evening last when I sat down here in the afternoon (a very rare afternoon off) she started shouting at me to "turn the **** around" and "mind your own ****ing business". I went into another room and sat in there rather than have a problem.

I discovered before Christmas they were the ones who stole my oil, more than half a tank also before Christmas someone knocked at my door looking for the mother, I said "next door" then shut the door, the result was another stupid note this time stuck to my front door damaging the paintwork. Apparently the taxi woman alleged that I said "the squatters are next door" this never happened. They have a CCTV camera watching me all the time and have told me, in front of the Gardai that they have pictures of me. This evening as I was walking in the daughter 19, started hurling abuse at me I was on the phone at the time with a client, it was all most embarassing.

Worst of all her boyfriend approached me in the village on Tuesday 3rd and threatened to burn my house down. This meant that after some consideration I felt I had to tell my nearest neighbours because they all have young children and I felt I had to alert them. I can't tell you how that feels.

So to recap, home broken into, oil stolen, generally abused and most serious of all a threat to my life and the safety of my property. I have been the Garda, and they are about as much use as a chocolate teapot. It's "being investigated" meanwhile I can't sit down in my living room during daylight hours because it upsets them. I would not feel safe to walk to the nearest shop, which is only 2 minutes walk away, after dark.

I don't know what else to do at this stage, except for work I am a prisoner in my own home. My neighbours no longer call in they just ring me because they don't want her on their case as well and I don't blame them for a moment.

So aside from sitting on the Garda has anyone any suggestions as to how I can bring this situation to it's natural end because I literally can't take much more of this situation.

ring your local garda station and ask to speak to the super intendant in person , he will then hopefully make a call down the line to the rank and file or seargent which deal with ( relativley ) minor issues like this , lower ranking guards hate getting calls from up the chain , you obviously have no pull with the guards in any shape or form or this guy would be up on a charge but this is ireland afterall

keep bombarding the guards with complaints , its in thier nature to dance to serial complainers and i say that to you with no disrespect

oh and write down everything that happens

irishh_bob wrote: »
    ring your local garda station and ask to speak to the super intendant in person , he will then hopefully make a call down the line to the rank and file or seargent which deal with ( relativley ) minor issues like this , lower ranking guards hate getting calls from up the chain , you obviously have no pull with the guards in any shape or form or this guy would be up on a charge but this is ireland afterall

keep bombarding the guards with complaints , its in thier nature to dance to serial complainers and i say that to you with no disrespect

oh and write down everything that happens

maybe the guards read boards.ie. Accomadtion forum. In particular this thread and thats why they are doing noting.

he does state he knows the local guards due to his on going involvement in a political party.Usually a person with the duties he peforms / has peformed . Would be classified as a respected member of the community and would be assisted a little more by the guards.

But after dealing with the sergeant. He p1zzes them off. Come on he sounds pretty arrogant .Read his posts in full.

The whole truth and noting but the truth. Is what is requested.To give proper advice here.

maybe the guards read boards.ie. Accomadtion forum. In particular this thread and thats why they are doing noting.

he does state he knows the local guards due to his on going involvement in a political party.Usually a person with the duties he peforms / has peformed . Would be classified as a respected member of the community and would be assisted a little more by the guards.

But after dealing with the sergeant. He p1zzes them off. Come on he sounds pretty arrogant .Read his posts in full.

The whole truth and noting but the truth. Is what is requested.To give proper advice here.

what a truly extrordinary post , not only do you seem to think that its a guards perogitive to drag his feet in dealing with complaints if the complainer doesnt show enough due ( respect ) to the afforementioned guard , you appear to believe that any criticism of an garda siochanna on internet forums is reason enough for guards not to fulfill thier duties

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Gardai can't ignore an attempted break-in. Even in a situation where they believe that it is a case of "boy cries wolf" they still have to look into it. It seems as though you have had dealings with them on numerous occasions, and they're pretty sick of you.

Living in Dundalk, I know better than anyone what it is like to have neighbours who believe they have the right to ruin your life for no reason. My boyfriend currently cares for his mother in an estate FULL of these people. However, the kind of people you describe generally would pick on all or most neighbours. Have you asked your other neighbours if they have had any problems? Maybe get one of them to ring the guards and report an attempted break-in on your behalf? (Since it seems as though it is YOU they are ignoring, not the situation). I would also point out that these kinds of people generally are undesirable tenants in many other ways, ie destroying their own house, not paying rent or utility bills. If the landlord has not had any problems in this regard, apart from their behaviour, it does put them a little out of character for the average troublemaker.

Since you are constantly reminding us that you are a member of a "political party", why not pull rank in that and see if you can get anywhere with the guards that way? None of this "I'm too much of an outstanding citizen to abuse rank" codswallop - if you want this fixed, go to your own people of power and try and get it solved that way, if you really want it sorted.

And finally, it really does seem like this all kicked off with the way you handled making your neighbour move their car. She said "In a minute". Could you really not have waited a minute? Really? And then to force her to move it immediately and THEN call her a slag? I have no doubt these people are undesirable (obvious in the way they are dealing with things) but your treatment of them on day one is definitely what I would see as provocation of an easily provoked class in society.

Right well this situation has gone down hill even more.

I got a call this afternoon from the local Garda. She wanted to update me and she told me that she had received a complaint from the daughter of the tenant stating that I called her a "sad slut" and that I regularly go to my window to make "rude hand gestures" to her.

I read the riot act to the Garda and detailed everything that has happened from day one with them. I had a raging row with the Sergeant who is pissed off because I pulled rank on him and went to his Chief Superintendent to speak to him about the ever deteriorating situation.

I pointed out to the Garda that while this latest incident never happened even if it had it was alleged to have taken place on my property therefore what I say to someone on my property is my business. There is no crime in it. But that such conduct is not my style.

I really am in bits here over this at this stage

while they potray it as taking an impartial and objective possition , guards will often show sympathy to wrongdoers in ( minor ) cases as they are harder work , a guard much perfers to slaughter a few chickens than to take on a hungary fox any day of the week , they just want to close a case , if that means painting you as the troublemaker in order to conclude thier obligitory involvement and leaves thier job easier , so beit , storys like this are never going to make front page news so they ( the guards ) can afford to ignore a miscarriage of justice , being meek never works with guards

• Advertisement

irishh_bob wrote: »
    what a truly extrordinary post , not only do you seem to think that its a guards perogitive to drag his feet in dealing with complaints if the complainer doesnt show enough due ( respect ) to the afforementioned guard , you appear to believe that any criticism of an garda siochanna on internet forums is reason enough for guards not to fulfill thier duties

The point I am making is that anybody reading this thread can read between the lines that its not all one sided. The guards with out evidence cant do much other than take details of the complaints made. It is a civil matter outside the accusations that are been made.

I think the neighbours are probably like something of "shamless". However you cant go around discriminating because people dont match your criteria. But I also think the poster is a snob. No offence. But read his posts. Live and let live.

Advertisement