Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem neighbours

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

The point I am making is that anybody reading this thread can read between the lines that its not all one sided. The guards with out evidence cant do much other than take details of the complaints made. It is a civil matter outside the accusations that are been made.

I think the neighbours are probably like something of "shamless". However you cant go around discriminating because people dont match your criteria. But I also think the poster is a snob. No offence. But read his posts. Live and let live.

spare me your equality lecture , if every story relayed on boards.ie was dismissed as a one sided report , no thread would get past page one , in a forum like this , you have to take people at face value and if you think the guards pour the same amount of effort into every identical case , your incredibly naieve , they can act like the gestapo for less if thier interested enough , i say that as someone who once got arrested for buying a can of coke and spent four hours in a police station cell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Where to start with this? For the benefit of MarcAnthony there I have said on a number of occasions the Garda locally here know what I do as part of the duties I take on in my role within a political party. They have a great deal of respect for what it is that I do as I do for them. They are aware that at times that means I say things they don't like to hear as I am aware that they may have to say things to me about this situation that I don't want to hear. That is frustrating at the time but we can both shake hands thereafter and continue on with it. As I probably said previously there was some confusion and they understood that I wished to withdraw a complaint when I did not, there was definitely fault on both parts there and this caused tension between myself and the Garda which has since been resolved. It meant that they felt I was just being a bit precious until they realised the confusion. One of the Garda here is holding it and wont let it go but that's her problem not mine.

In regards to their not doing anything, where they have witness' they are doing the best they can, but the problem for them is this, they don't have witness' to a lot of what has gone on and they can't put a matter to a judge without some sort of evidence and to be fair if they did I would be the very first to criticise them for wasting the courts time and our money. Again I would state they weren't doing anything but that was because of the misunderstanding about complaints being withdrawn and all of that. You also have to consider that I live in area that has a very spread out catchment and a lot of people with no where near enough Garda but I do believe they are now doing their very best in a very difficult situation.

In regards to mediation, let me again just run over a few things. Paint over my car, oil stolen, print offs from the net about the death of my partner and now glue in my lock. We wont be saying hello and if you think for a moment that I will then you are smoking crack. If you think ignoring them upsets them then again that's your problem as much as theirs. And as for calling me a snob well I have no idea what your basis for that one is but sure either way that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Frankly I think you are some hash smoking leftie.

To answer the questions/points from Sashabear, yes I did eventually go to party colleagues on the matter, I don't like doing it I prefer to keep my favours for other things but it came to a point of needs must. In regards to making her move yes she did have to move, there were a dozen places she could have parked without preventing me from having access to my house, like across the gate of the house she was attending. Since she did block my gate when I asked her nicely all she had to do was move it and let me in. Personally if I was rude enough to block someones gate off and they had to ask/tell me to move I would die with mortification and not tell them to wait to get into their own house. I have previously said I shouldn't have called her a fat slag that was out of line and a stupid reaction to the language she used to me and I should have known better. I did apologise for this.

You know I asked for advice on how to deal with this situation, I had to leave here today for work and spent the day worrying that I would be forking out another €115 to a locksmith this afternoon. I didn't ask for a critique of my character and if you don't have anything constructive to add, like for example a device that prevent someone from putting glue in the keyhole then kindly find someone else to give out to. You are completely entitled to think what you like of me, but this is not the thread for that discussion this is a thread for how to deal with this situation. It's not a difficult concept when you think about it, if of course you do think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

ShaShaBear wrote: »

Living in Dundalk, I know better than anyone what it is like to have neighbours who believe they have the right to ruin your life for no reason.

So Dundalk people believe they have the right to ruin peoples lives for no reason????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Meeoow wrote: »

So Dundalk people believe they have the right to ruin peoples lives for no reason????

Haven't you heard of the Corrs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I doubt the entire veracity of this story.
    The use of a winking emoticon on the thread title was merely the first indication.

I find it hard to believe that a man living on his own has been broken into on a number of occasions, that the guards have done very little and the occupant has not invested in a fairly simple CCTV system inside his own property.

If I am 100% wrong and these events are occuring as posted, than surely in a situation where your person and property are targeted for violence and consistent abuse and the police force are not acting, the only option is to move out.
    None of this "why should I have to move malarkey". Just get out. Life is too short to deal with this level of crap.

• Advertisement

Zamboni wrote: »
    I doubt the entire veracity of this story.
    The use of a winking emoticon on the thread title was merely the first indication.

I find it hard to believe that a man living on his own has been broken into on a number of occasions, that the guards have done very little and the occupant has not invested in a fairly simple CCTV system inside his own property.

If I am 100% wrong and these events are occuring as posted, than surely in a situation where your person and property are targeted for violence and consistent abuse and the police force are not acting, the only option is to move out.
    None of this "why should I have to move malarkey". Just get out. Life is too short to deal with this level of crap.

I don't know where I used a winking emoticon

As for CCTV, honestly? This is a home? Are you for real.

In regards to the Garda, can't you read? Are you truly that moronic have I not said that they are doing their level best but the Gardai can only do their level best without hard and fast evidence they can't bring a prosecution. Have you any concept of the number of crimes that go unprosecuted in this country? That doesn't make it less frustrating for me. If you took the time to read what I said you would see that there was confusion caused by both myself and the Gardai which meant they weren't taking me seriously now they are because that was sorted. But they cant bring a case to a judge and say I believe because I know this man to be a grand man.

And to moving out. Again, do you smoke crack? What do I do about the mortgage hope the nice bank man says that it's ok I don't have to worry about paying it all off? As of an hour ago I understand this to be tomorrow.

It must be great to be able to just read what you want and make your own judgement. I hope, for those of you that just went telling me off that the day or the hour when you find yourself in a god awful situation such as mine comes you don't get treated as I did here.

You claim your life has been threatened.
    You claim a man actually came into your house and attacked you.
    You claim your house has been broken into on several occasions.
    You claim both damage and theft of your property.

But you won't even invest a simple digital video set up to gather evidence to assist the Gardai, when today's technology means this can be done very cheaply?

PS: Look at your thread title on the forum for the winking emoticon that you would have selected in your initial post.

PPS: Why the rude insults? Really necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Zamboni wrote: »
    PPS: Why the rude insults? Really necessary?
    To be honest, the insults are rather handy in helping people understand what's really happening in this sorry saga.

You claim your life has been threatened. Is there a point to this or are you just surmising the facts here?
    You claim a man actually came into your house and attacked you. Again, as above?
    You claim your house has been broken into on several occasions. Em at the risk of being repetitive, as above
    You claim both damage and theft of your property. And again, as above

But you won't even invest a simple digital video set up to gather evidence to assist the Gardai, when today's technology means this can be done very cheaply? It is not to me to do the job for the Gardai and any CCTV device on my property would infringe upon the property of neighbours and any children playing on the green which my house looks onto, for the latter reason if no other I simply would not do this. We all paid for our houses and that green was part of what we paid for, the benefit of, I refuse to deprive a lot of people of their rights because I have been deprived of mine. That would be like saying, well my oil was stolen by the neighbours on my right so I will steal it from my neighbours on my left and it's ok cos I was stolen from

PS: Look at your thread title on the forum for the winking emoticon that you would have selected in your initial post. The thread was broken by a moderator, I posted to an old thread and the mod created a new one from there as it was felt that was more suitable, perhaps the mod added the emoticon, I did not. Never assume you know the saying

PPS: Why the rude insults? Really necessary? My insults were direct, your's were simply sly and underhanded. When you question someones character in order to feel better about yourself it's pretty insulting.

As I said before if you have something constructive to add to the thread in terms of dealing with such situations then by all means post away, if you want to just make a dig at me then give it a rest

toexpress wrote: »
    As I said before if you have something constructive to add to the thread in terms of dealing with such situations then by all means post away, if you want to just make a dig at me then give it a rest
    Translation: "Unless you agree with me and think that I am totally in the right in this situation, please do not post."

• Advertisement

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Translation: "Unless you agree with me and think that I am totally in the right in this situation, please do not post."

It's not about agreeing with me or disagreeing with me, I had a situation, it's now coming to end thankfully.

But what might be possible is that sometime in the future someone might find themselves tortured by their neighbours and be able to get help from reading something here. However with all the sniping it's of no benefit to anyone because all that has really happened is a few people have tried to help out and their voice has been lost in the sniping.

Anyway, look from my point of view tomorrow my problem ends, the skobes are gone in the morning and I don't have to worry about being stolen from or having my property vandalised any further, there might be a kick more or two before the finally leave but sure there we go I have dealt with worse. So to those who did help many thanks. To those who sniped well, hope you feel better about yourselves.

But what might be possible is that sometime in the future someone might find themselves tortured by their neighbours and be able to get help from reading something here.
    How will this thread help anyone in the same situation?

Suddenly they're leaving? Just like that?

How will this thread help anyone in the same situation?

Suddenly they're leaving? Just like that?

a forum like boards .ie is largley about posters sharing thier experiences in many different areas , legal discussion is no different , threads remain visible indefinatley , who knows when someone might check out this thread and pick up a thing or two which mirrors thier own unfortunate experience

not everyone believe AGS are wholesome corn fed choir boys and girls , in fact the only people who do are those who never had any dealings with them

irishh_bob wrote: »
    a forum like boards .ie is largley about posters sharing thier experiences in many different areas , legal discussion is no different , threads remain visible indefinatley , who knows when someone might check out this thread and pick up a thing or two which mirrors thier own unfortunate experience

not everyone believe AGS are wholesome corn fed choir boys and girls , in fact the only people who do are those who never had any dealings with them
    The story so far:

OP falls out with neighbours.

OP's neighbours allegedly intimidate and threaten OP.

OP goes to Gardaí about neighbours.

OP falls out with Gardaí.

OP gets someone in their political party to do something (as of yet undetermined).

OP's problem neighbours suddenly moving out tomorrow.

There is nothing in this thread that will help someone in the same position next week or next year.

The story so far:

OP falls out with neighbours.

OP's neighbours allegedly intimidate and threaten OP.

OP goes to Gardaí about neighbours.

OP falls out with Gardaí.

OP gets someone in their political party to do something (as of yet undetermined).

OP's problem neighbours suddenly moving out tomorrow.

There is nothing in this thread that will help someone in the same position next week or next year.

IYO

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Smiley face removed from thread title.
    In regards to the Garda, can't you read? Are you truly that moronic ...

Again, do you smoke crack?
    There is no need for comments like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Would yiz all give the OP a break? He came on here looking for HELP! If you cant help him, at least dont run him down. I agree some of what he said is a little inconsistent (and I take personal umbrage to his use of "political pull / abuse":mad:), but he has to contend with physical threats and abuse everyday. Thats a little more disconcerting than not being fully consistent on boards!

OP keep us updated. I'm glad to hear these people are moving out. IME though, dont expect this to be the end. There may be a few nasty surprises in the future, expect them.

Victor wrote: »
    Smiley face removed from thread title.There is no need for comments like this.

And were the comments referring to me as a liar helpful? Were they needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

And were the comments referring to me as a liar helpful? Were they needed?

He's been sitebanned, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

As for CCTV, honestly? This is a home? Are you for real.

In regards to the Garda, can't you read? Are you truly that moronic have I not said that they are doing their level best but the Gardai can only do their level best without hard and fast evidence they can't bring a prosecution.

Im glad your situation seems to have sorted itself but this part makes absolutely no sense to me. You say the Gardai cant do anything without evidence, yet you seem horrified at doing the one thing that would give you absolute concrete proof of whats been going on. If it was me I wouldnt care about about the green or whatever else the cameras might pick up; its a short term solution that would give you the couple of pieces of evidence that you need to sort the problem properly and finally. I doubt your neighbours would care too much unless you are pointing the camera directly into their living room/bedroom, and Im sure most people would understand your situation and the need to get it sorted once you explain it to them (lets face it, with neighbours like that its only a matter of time before they turn their attention to other houses around them).

• Advertisement

djimi wrote: »
    Im glad your situation seems to have sorted itself but this part makes absolutely no sense to me. You say the Gardai cant do anything without evidence, yet you seem horrified at doing the one thing that would give you absolute concrete proof of whats been going on.

Thank you. This is the point I cannot reconcile either.
    If you truly felt that you were in danger you would do what it takes to stop it.
    Not sit back, and say
    It is not to me to do the job for the Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Meeoow wrote: »
    ShaShaBear wrote: »

Living in Dundalk, I know better than anyone what it is like to have neighbours who believe they have the right to ruin your life for no reason.

Dundalk, like Dublin, has a lot of unsavoury people. Not all Dundalk people are troublemakers, but there are definitely plenty of them. Just like I said in my post, had you quoted me correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 georgejetson

If you can reflect on how this issue came to arise.It will best help you to resolve the issue.

Was it because of formiliarity or a dislike of each others characteristics.To name but a few.

IMO. Disputes do not arise without a foundation.They are usually brought on by arguments or a dispute between each other leading to distaste and hostility.

If the horrid behaviour is just between the two parties mentioned.You really only have two options

1. Mediation

or if that does not work

2. Effect a way to avoid each other. Maybe move until they move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

(It was an accident and while it was some time ago there were large tax bills to be paid on what he left me and fairly shortly thereafter Anglo was wiped out which meant that I lost a huge portion of what he left me and had already paid the taxes. It also took me three years to collect the life insurance policy that came to me in August because of a situation with his ex-wife) Anyway at that stage they had just moved in as well and I was in a similar situation to them in that I didn't have much money and all that. They felt we were on the same level or whatever (how they thought this when I was struggling to start a small new business rather than sitting round taking social welfare and having Joan Burton pay my mortgage I do not know) anyway while I associated to a degree in the early stages after witnessing some behaviour involving alcohol I distanced myself from them. I'm no prude and I love a drink but I don't like people to drink to excess especially when they alternate between sodden drunk and aggressive. They took this as a slight. They then got pissed off because when the insurance claim was paid I spent some improving my house, I bought a new car and took my business on a level. They have made comments about my money, my spending habits etc to other people in the village. Like when my oil was stolen a friend of mine was told that "he can afford it". ..................................................................

Am I the only one confused here? You portray yourself as a female yet your adversary sees you as male. Something iffy here, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Spread wrote: »
    Am I the only one confused here? You portray yourself as a female yet your adversary sees you as male. Something iffy here, methinks.

I think you'll find the op, is a homosexual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Never thought of that. Guess I need to get out more often :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

ANXIOUS wrote: »

I think you'll find the op, is a homosexual.

Bloody homosexuals coming over here and taking our jobs and our men. Starting arguments with skangers. What part of eastern Europe are these 'homosexuals' from, anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

bigneacy wrote: »
    Bloody homosexuals coming over here and taking our jobs and our men. Starting arguments with skangers. What part of eastern Europe are these 'homosexuals' from, anyway?
    ya legend:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 joebstarsurfer

Ive got a total phyco women upstairs record everything if you cant move.
    They are thick people and enjoy the fight.
    To many things to put on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bigneacy wrote: »
    On topic please.

Advertisement