Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Few For Thursday

Options
  • 12-01-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭

A priest and a shepherd from Australia participate in a TV game.

After answering all the questions, there is a tie.

So both are given one final assignment.

It is to write a poem in three minutes, using the word "Timbuktu". It is city in Africa.

The priest returns with the fruit of his inspiration:

"I was a father all my life,
    I had no children, had no wife,
    I read the bible through and through
    On my way to Timbuktu ...”

The poem makes a great impression, and the priest smells a sweet victory.

But then comes the shepherd, with his winning masterpiece:

"When Tim and I to Brisbane went
    We spied three maidens cheap to rent.
    They were three and we but two,
    So I bucked one and Tim Bucked Two”

An elderly couple came back from a wedding one afternoon and were in a pretty romantic mood.

While sitting on their loveseat, the elderly woman looked at her companion and said,

“I remember when you used to kiss me every chance you had.”

The old man feeling a bit obliged leaned over and gave her a peck on the cheek.

Then she said, “I also remember when you used to hold my hand at every opportunity.”

The old man again feeling obligated reached over and gently placed his hand on hers.

The elderly woman then stated, “I also remember when you used to nibble on my neck and send chills down my spine.”

This time, the old man had a blank stare on his face and started to get up off the couch.

As he began to walk out of the living room, his wife asked,

“Was it something I said, where are you going?”

The old man looked at her and replied,

“I’m going in the other room to get my teeth!”

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement