Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you manually input distance in Garmin GPS Watches?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

When running on the threadmill is it possible to manually input your completed distance into Garmin GPS watches?

To date I have been using the iPhone miCoach GPS app which allows this functionality.

If I invest in one of the Garmin watches, I will do a lot more running outdoors, however I would like the option of inputting threadmill sessions also.....

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

PGL wrote: »
    Hi folks

When running on the threadmill is it possible to manually input your completed distance into Garmin GPS watches?

To date I have been using the iPhone miCoach GPS app which allows this functionality.

If I invest in one of the Garmin watches, I will do a lot more running outdoors, however I would like the option of inputting threadmill sessions also.....

thanks
    You wouldn't enter them into the watch, but you would typically enter them into Garmin Connect as a manual activity.

Also, if you have a HR monitor with your watch, you can still use it on a treadmill, albeit with GPS turned off. It'll still record your HR against time, and then you can go into Garmin Connect after uploading the activity and manually enter the distance covered. Why don't you sign up for a free account and have a play?

Might be better throwing all of these questions into the Garmin sticky at the top of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

You wouldn't enter them into the watch, but you would typically enter them into Garmin Connect as a manual activity.

Also, if you have a HR monitor with your watch, you can still use it on a treadmill, albeit with GPS turned off. It'll still record your HR against time, and then you can go into Garmin Connect after uploading the activity and manually enter the distance covered. Why don't you sign up for a free account and have a play?

Might be better throwing all of these questions into the Garmin sticky at the top of this thread.

If you have a Garmin foot pod, you can use that to automatically record distances on a treadmill in your Garmin watch.

Advertisement