Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Player & Airplay

• 12-01-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Best feature of Apple TV is Airplay!

How are people finding RTE Player with Airplay?

I find the stream can buffer intermittantly .... not sure if pausing allows the player to buffer the stream?

If I use YouTube and pause the buffer fills up - bit sure RTE Player does the same.

Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

If your using xbmc on your atv2 just download vodie

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

If your using xbmc on your atv2 just download vodie

What folder did you install it in?
    The only instructions I could find were for 1st gen and the 2nd gen folder structure is different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

mik_da_man wrote: »
    What folder did you install it in?
    The only instructions I could find were for 1st gen and the 2nd gen folder structure is different.

I'm actually using ubuntu but from the developers page they say it works on atv2 http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-vodie/
    and the forum
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=98050

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers
    Got it working now - just needed to do a bit more reading up on the xbmc forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Mofo jailbreakers ye never answered my questions! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Keith, I am a former jailbreaker, awaiting on the A5 jb release for 5.0.01 to be one again.

I use RTE Player, not with Airplay, but with the HDMI adaptor. It actually works very very well and it is the first time I feel I get something out of my TV license.

I am tempted to get Apple TV only because of this feature but I dont know if it would justify it having the HDMI adaptor.

Advertisement