Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 months ttc-endometreosis

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi I am a mom to a 3 year old little girl.I went off my birth control 12 months ago.We havent conceived yet,gradually over the last 12 months I have been in considerable pain throughout my cycle,from painful ovulation to pelvic pain and pressure in my bottom.My gp now thinks it's possibly endometreosis and I am waiting for a pelvic ultrasound and an appt with consultant at the bon secuer dublin.
    Any women out there with any info on this for me?also was your laproscopy covered under vhi?Did Vhi try to tell you it was pre-existing?I am passed my 6 month waiting period with them.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi there,
    Sorry to hear you're suffering. At least you have your little girl - be thankful for her - some people never get to have their baby in their arms.
    I have severe endometriosis and I was diagnosed about 4 years ago, after much heartache. Things finally came good for us and we had our little boy in 2009.
    The only true way to diagnose endo is by laparoscopy - so don't let VHI say it's pre-existing. Just because the GP suspects it doesn't mean you have it. You don't know you have it unless you have surgery and the surgeon confirms it.
    It's a day surgery so depending on your policy, VHI will probably cover it.

www.endo.ie might answer some questions for you. Whatever happens, it's not the end of the world. If you are diagnosed with endo, chance are the surgeon will remove the endo at that stage and you will be free to conceive successfully before it grows back.
    Feel free to PM me or update here if you have questions.
    Best of luck.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Hi bubbaloo,thanks so much for the reply.I received my appointment today for next week so I guess I will know more then.I treasure my daughter and would love her to have a sibling.I know a few people who through different circumstances will not be able to have children and I would never take that for granted.
    I guess it's the fear of the unknown and with secondary infertility the guilt that comes along with that-'why I am I not satisfied with one child'.I think it's every couples right to conceive there own children and if we can use modern medicine to help that process then all the better.
    I am very happy that your experience has had a happy outcome:).Did your endo reappear since your surgary.Did you require assistance getting pregnant?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi Meggysmom,
    That's great that you got an appointment so soon - it's the waiting around that always drove me crazy! I know what you mean about the guilt - we are trying to give our little man a sibling too and think the same thoughts - like you, I have friends with no children having tried for many years and because of them, I'm so grateful for our little boy. But for his sake we have to try again - we would love him to have a sibling.
    My endo did reappear - the truth is it will always be there but after surgery I have a "window of opportunity" where I'm clear before the endo grows back. I'm currently in a "window of opportunity" after surgery in August and hoping I'll get a BFP very soon! ;) Maybe we'll both end up in the pregnancy forum here soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

that would be wonderful,I wish you all the luck in the world.I hope both our days come soon:).I'm glad too that the ball is rolling and something maybe done soon,i'm gearing up for another awful period any day now and pain is starting to rear it's ugly head.My best wishes to you.

Advertisement