Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Farm Expo - City West Dublin - Worth a Visit?

• 12-01-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I see an aadvertisement in the journal for the Irish Farm Expo in the city west exhibtion centre in Dublin. www.irishfarmexpo.ie . The entrance is a tenner for adults and it takes aplace on the 7th and 8th of February. I will be in Dublin that week and I am wondering did anyone attend last year and is it worth a visit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Van Nistilroy

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Grass Hopper

This is the first year the show has been held so alot of eyes will be on it.I know quite a few manufacturers are attending but I think they will need to ramp up the advertising in the coming weeks as very few have even heard of the show.
    I will probably attend if work is slack and weather is suitable for travelling.
    If your in Dublin already and seeing as its only a tenner in its surely worth a look,it cant be that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

had a look at the website listed, and it gives no information that i can see about what is happening at the expo, what kind of events are on. what companies will be there etc.
    hard to justify going for a look if we don't know what is at it.
    there is a lot of events, information meetings, conferences happening over the next month.

dar31 wrote: »
    had a look at the website listed, and it gives no information that i can see about what is happening at the expo, what kind of events are on. what companies will be there etc.
    hard to justify going for a look if we don't know what is at it.
    there is a lot of events, information meetings, conferences happening over the next month.
    Consider it a mirror of the FTMTA show although I suspect it will struggle to get the same attendance from the big manufacturers

Who's heading to the Farm Expo in City West next Tuesday and Wednesday (7th/8th Feb).
    First year of the show so hoping it will be good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Anything like the old Spring Show?

I'm told it will be the very same Tom :cool:

I'll probably let it settle in for a year or two before I go.....;)

Too short notice, I'm busy all week coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Did anyone go to this and what was it like??

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Did anyone go to this and what was it like??
    Who's heading to the Farm Expo in City West next Tuesday and Wednesday (7th/8th Feb).
    First year of the show so hoping it will be good :)

Admit it, you're a time traveler arn't you?............:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Van Nistilroy

Just bumping this one. It got good enough coverage in the journal this week so lets hope that its a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]
    Threads merged.
    [/MOD]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Did anybody go to this today and if so what was it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Just out of it there, poor crowd. Decent level of machinery and reasonable stands but poor showing overall.
    hiscan wrote: »
    Did anybody go to this today and if so what was it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

I went to it on Tuesday! Great comfort walking around.All the same faces/stalls from the Cavan show.Great if you wanted detailed discussion on machines as the sales boys had nearly no one to talk to when I was there.Quotes were the very same as Cavan for the two machines I was interested in,so basically I should have stayed at home.

Advertisement