Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Lacoste Fire Photography

• 12-01-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭

23 year old French, self taught photographer.. Oh and he's colour blind too!!

7.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

more info and pics here...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Holy sweet mother. That is some astonishing work there. From the linked article Photo's 1,7, and 14 would be personal favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I'm not overly impressed with it really. It's silhouettes & light painting with fire, albeit with good control of the fire rather than outstanding photography. You have to ask yourself are you more impressed with what is going on with the light/flames or the photography? There are a couple of interesting images.

Every photographer is self taught when you think about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, would tend to agree - very impressive technical achievement, in the same way steve vai is an impressively technical guitarist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

pete4130 wrote: »
    I'm not overly impressed with it really. It's silhouettes & light painting with fire, albeit with good control of the fire rather than outstanding photography. You have to ask yourself are you more impressed with what is going on with the light/flames or the photography? There are a couple of interesting images.

Every photographer is self taught when you think about it.

I don't know about you but I would find that fire hard to expose for to make that there is enough detail. Plus I reckon there are elements of flash used.

I am very impressed with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Ah like everything in life it's all subjective I guess! I liked it and thought i'd share that's all :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

im not sure how much exposure control is involved, any bad shots can be passed off as experimental !?

speaking of impressive: http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/conserving-africas-wildlife-through-photography

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Thanks for the post Homer.
    Like you i like it also.

Something to think about for my next light painting outing.
    Think i might need a bigger fire extinguisher just in case!!

Advertisement