Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres the best value place to eat in Carlow

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Whats the best value for a restaurant in Carlow. Specifically for a Thursday night. I don't mean supermacs or whatever. Somewhere nice to have a sit down. I like the tapas bar, but the cost of a meal there is through the roof. It probably has alot to to with the amount I eat and drink tbf, but those little 6 euro plates add up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi

This has been done a few times before so have a look in the following threads
    Best dinner in Carlow
    Reload this Page Nice resteraunt to take a girl!!

Hope that help's
    My personal recommendation would be Brooks Cafe in Dinn Ri for their evening menu, nice choice and won't cost an arm or a leg either..

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

I second brooks, they do fab food in the evening with a early bird menu as well which is good value :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

been a while since i was there but teach dolmain was pretty good food and quality wise.

fermentis on dublin st used to do brilliant breakfasts and lunches, their soda bread was only amazing too

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Future Baby

The Talbot hotel are doing a 3 course meal for 2 and a bottle of wine for 59 euros...

but to be honest they are doing an excelent deal for 3 nights B&B, 3 meals, 3 treats for 99 euros per person!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Carlow is a great place for the old bar food! Lennons (not sure about opening hours) or Mimosa are welcome alternatives to main+chips+side salad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i heard the restaraunt in the Art's centre is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Caffe Formenti doesn't open in the evenings at the moment. Lennons would be my top choice for somewhere to eat at night

babaduck wrote: »
    Caffe Formenti

Is that the place on Dublin St?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Is that the place on Dublin St?

Yip

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

i heard the restaraunt in the Art's centre is really good
    That's Lennons
    http://www.lennons.ie/

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »
    Yip

Never been, does it mains or just snacky type things?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Never been, does it mains or just snacky type things?

The whole shebang. Very nice food and location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Where mains is a choice of salads or pasta. They also do sandwiches and the like.

Advertisement