Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed loss

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm on 17 mb broadband, speed has really dropped down over the last few weeks, lucky to get 200 kbs on download speeds nowadays. Only reason I can think of is the addition of another laptop to the network, 6 devices use it but only 2 are on most of the time and even when one is on download speed is still very slow, also have trouble connecting to pages a lot of the time too.
    Using a standard silver Eircom modem.

Rung Eircom today and the guy on the helpline told me to change the default wireless channel from 7 to 11 but that hasn't changed anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

domrush wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm on 17 mb broadband, speed has really dropped down over the last few weeks, lucky to get 200 kbs on download speeds nowadays. Only reason I can think of is the addition of another laptop to the network, 6 devices use it but only 2 are on most of the time and even when one is on download speed is still very slow, also have trouble connecting to pages a lot of the time too.
    Using a standard silver Eircom modem.

Rung Eircom today and the guy on the helpline told me to change the default wireless channel from 7 to 11 but that hasn't changed anything?

Hi domrush,

Can you disconnect all but one device and see if there is an improvement. Can you also PM me with your telephone number so I can run a few checks.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Hi Mark, disconnected all devices , no improvement really.
    Pm'ed you my number there. Thanks Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

domrush wrote: »
    Hi Mark, disconnected all devices , no improvement really.
    Pm'ed you my number there. Thanks Mark

Hi domrush,

Your line is testing fine (no fault) the speed is syncing at 17MB to the main socket?

Can you try the following checklist - http://bit.ly/aPwvTT -

And get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement