Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few q's re electic/power shower

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi

I can wonder if anyone could take some time to help me with a query.

We live in a 5 year old house. The en suite has an electric shower, main bathroom has just a bath with the shower attachment thing added to it. We’re investigating getting the attic converted and are thinking at the same time of moving the electric shower from the en suite to the main bathroom and installing a power shower in the en suite.

Can anyone tell me:

Firstly, is this it even possible to just move the electric shower from one bathroom to the other?(obviously not ourselves, an electrician)
    What sort of pump would we need to get installed to have a power shower in the en suite?
    Realistically how long would we need to have the heat on to get 2 showers out of a power shower?
    I’ve been recommended an Aquasteam Aqualisa power shower. Any comments/other suggestions?
    Very stupid question. Would an electrician do all of the above or would a plumber need to be involved as well?
    Realistically, how much could I expect to pay for the above(including or excluding the cost of the actual power shower)?

Any help/advice is much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheBadBadger

shoppergal wrote: »
    Hi

We live in a 5 year old house. The en suite has an electric shower, main bathroom has just a bath with the shower attachment thing added to it. We’re investigating getting the attic converted and are thinking at the same time of moving the electric shower from the en suite to the main bathroom and installing a power shower in the en suite.

Can anyone tell me:

Firstly, is this it even possible to just move the electric shower from one bathroom to the other?(obviously not ourselves, an electrician)
    What sort of pump would we need to get installed to have a power shower in the en suite?
    Realistically how long would we need to have the heat on to get 2 showers out of a power shower?
    I’ve been recommended an Aquasteam Aqualisa power shower. Any comments/other suggestions?
    Very stupid question. Would an electrician do all of the above or would a plumber need to be involved as well?
    Realistically, how much could I expect to pay for the above(including or excluding the cost of the actual power shower)?

The electric shower in the en suite at the moment will just have a cold water supply. To be converted to a power shower, it will require both cold and hot water supplies. This isobviously a job for a plumber.

It is possible to move the electric shower to the e mainbathroom.. Just a case of installing/re routing the cable..

My advice, to keep it simple is to just install a second electric shower. This will require you to install a non priority switching unit so both showers cannot be operating at the same time. (two electric showers cannot be on at the same time within a domestic installation as the combined load will exceed the supply)
    Once installed the first shower switched on takes priority and will not allow the second shower to operate.

Talk to your local electrician about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TheBadBadger

shoppergal wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone tell me:

The electric shower in the en suite at the moment will just have a cold water supply. To be converted to a power shower, it will require both cold and hot water supplies. This isobviously a job for a plumber.

It is possible to move the electric shower to the e mainbathroom.. Just a case of installing/re routing the cable..

My advice, to keep it simple is to just install a second electric shower. This will require you to install a non priority switching unit so both showers cannot be operating at the same time. (two electric showers cannot be on at the same time within a domestic installation as the combined load will exceed the supply)
    Once installed the first shower switched on takes priority and will not allow the second shower to operate.

Talk to your local electrician about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I think the second shower as a power shower is a better option than a second electric one. But it does depend on the users setup.

Advertisement