Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nickelback World Tour 2012-2013

Options
  • 12-01-2012 12:56pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Love them or hate them, following the release of a tour teaser video earlier this week, US rockers Nickelback have today confirmed they are to embark on their 'Here & Now' World Tour during 2012 and 2013. North American dates have already been confirmed over at the band's Official Website and UK Dates are expected to be announced very soon.

The tour news was announced via Nickelback's Official Facebook Page earlier today with a message stating: “It's been two years in the making and it's finally here… Nickelback's Here & Now Tour 2012 will kick off April 10th and will visit a total of 39 cities across North America! Bush, Seether and My Darkest Days will be joining the guys on stage for one huge night of music.”

After fans began to comment on the post, Nickelback revealed further details about the tour, explaining to fans abroad, via a second update, that the band WILL be heading out across the world and to stay tuned for dates.

“We are very excited to be touring soon and can't wait to see you all soon. To all our fans abroad, fear not, we ARE working on dates that will take us all over the world in 2012-2013. It takes a lot of work to get these together and we need to announce them in the order they will happen. Thanks for being so patient and stay tuned.”

In addition to the Facebook posts, Nickelback have also released a short video clip of themselves announcing the plans for their 'Here & Now' tour. Check it out below.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thats fantastic news.

I wasn't actually expecting them to reveal tour details right now but I'm glad they have.

I've never seen them before and have to get to one of their shows.

Hopefully the UK and Irish dates will be announced soon enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully they do an Irish show this time , On the last tour they skipped over us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

The ultimate guilty pleasure band, I really hope they come here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

I seen them around 2008 I think when they did arenas here (was just after Rockstar went huge), they were ok if you like that cheesy kind of rock show, good fun if you skip over the music and lots of pyro.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,430 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would they sell well in the o2 or would a smaller venue suite them such as Vicar Street, RDS, Olympia.

Maybe the Marquee in Cork mite get a visit

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would they sell well in the o2 or would a smaller venue suite them such as Vicar Street, RDS, Olympia.

I could see them only doing Arena shows . Maybe if they do the RDS again (i know they dont seem to use it because its a crap venue but Underworld played there recently???)

There live shows are all about big pyro etc . I think if they do come over here they will need to bring a few special guests . I know they said Bush and Seether would be on the tour , but would they help sell tickets over here?
    Id be happy with them tbh but dont think they will do the whole tour

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭littleman

last time they played here,day played the indoor part of the rds where funderland was and staind supported them,it was a great gig,when they played the point first time round they didnt sell it out,so hopefully they use the o2 or the rds if they come over

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Really looking forward to this tour! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 frontyfrontman

PTH2009 wrote: »

I'm not a big know it all for arenas in Ireland but id imagine if you had venues like hammersmith or possibly wembley arena which isn't as big compared to o2, then I'm sure they will play arenas. When they played o2 arena a couple years back, that was pure brilliance. Brilliant venue.

I'm not a big know it all for arenas in Ireland but id imagine if you had venues like hammersmith or possibly wembley arena which isn't as big compared to o2, then I'm sure they will play arenas. When they played o2 arena a couple years back, that was pure brilliance. Brilliant venue.

Last time Nickelback were here they did the RDS . Wembley arena isnt that much smaller then are O2 (its 12,500)

But yea when they are touring they will be doing arena shows

• Advertisement

The band will be touring Europe, connecting with audiences old and new, rocking arenas for the masses and playing more intimate shows in countries where they make a long awaited return.

No show too big, no show too small, NICKELBACK are hungry for more.

Mon 01 Oct London, O2 Arena
    Tue 02 Oct Birmingham, NIA
    Thu 04 Oct Manchester Arena
    Fri 05 Oct Newcastle Metro Arena
    Sun 07 Oct Sheffield Motorpoint Arena

Tickets go on sale 9am on 30th March and will be available from www.livenation.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Gutted there is no Irish date
    and the London date is on a weekend.

Gonna try and get to one of the other shows are I really don't want to miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Over the moon there's no Irish date.

CWF wrote: »
    Over the moon there's no Irish date.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Just can't imagine them being any way decent live.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,430 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What are the chances still of an irish date.

Theres a gap from Oct 9th to Oct 25 thats just after the Uk Tour.

Anyway thats just wishful thinking from me. would love to see them live

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Shreddy Krueger

They seem to skip us most of the time

Advertisement