Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis Binding

Options
  • 12-01-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Just wondering where do people get their hard back thesis bound. and how much does it cost. Do you hand ion a printed copy to them, or do they print it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Shop around. There's a few places in Limerick so ask around. I don't know any of the places myself as I bound mine in Galway. I emailed the files to Kenny's (where I had mine done) and they printed it from that. I'm guessing you can go in with a USB and they'll print it from there.

Kenny's was great because you could submit it online and they had guidelines so that your text wasn't too wide and your headers were too near to the edge of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

http://www.curleycopycentre.com/index.php?p=14

Here's where I got my undergrad one done, they did a great job. €38 I think it cost, at 109 pages of 100 gram paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

I found WEB 7 very good. A few of the lads shopped around last year and they were the cheapest. I cant remember the price though. You could email it in or bring it in on USB. You just needed to email on the title of the thesis so he could make up the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

I got mine done last year in web7, I shopped around a bit and found it to be the best value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭Figerty

Curleys use Kennys in Galway by courier. If you want you it bound to first class standards then use Curleys.

You can get it done cheaper but usually the print on the spine is a stick on label rather than the proper bookbinders print embossed on.

For an undergrad thesis the cheaper version is fine. For something that might be presented in a interview or as a research document later then use Curleys if you can afford it.

They are dead sound as well by the way and have got many a student out of a hole!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭munkus

Curley are way too expensive in my experience. I had two Thesis bound by this fella, http://www.bookmarksbinding.ie/ based outside Adare, for about €25 each and they were perfect. It would have been €80 with Curley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭Figerty

€80 euro each or €40 each vs €25 each?

Like I said it's your choice and if the quality is as good at €25 each that's great value.

Advertisement