Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using EU XBOX 360 Slim in the US?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭

I am moving to the US for a while and am wondering if my locally bought XBOX 360 Slim will work ok it I decide to bring it with me. The only thing I note is that the power brick is rated 220v-240v. Would a step up transformer be needed or will the lower 110V in the US be ok to use with just a plug adapter?

I assume that the PAL vs NTSC is a non issue if using HDMI?

Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Ideally a new Power supply would be a better idea, aside from that and games compatibility it should all work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

degsie wrote: »
    I assume that the PAL vs NTSC is a non issue if using HDMI?

You assume wrongly there....

There are region locked games. NTSC-U for U.S, NTSC-J for Japan and PAL for europe, you won't be able to play any NTSC game on your console unless it's region free.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

You assume wrongly there....

There are region locked games. NTSC-U for U.S, NTSC-J for Japan and PAL for europe, you won't be able to play any NTSC game on your console unless it's region free.

I back this up, you're tied to the PAL format on the console.

And the power shouldn't be an issue if you've got an adapter (which can be bought all over the place)

Advertisement