Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I worry about it?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi.
    I was just browsing through a website, and I noticed something very fishy. I person from the same place posted up a number of adds at the same time and was selling 3 different dog breeds.

I did a bit of digging, and in total found 14 adds that seem to be posted by the person with completely different dog breeds. I say 'seem' to be the same person as they use the same number(s) on all the adds and says roughly the same thing on most of them. The majority of them are dated to the last month.

Should I report it? Do I have a right to? If so, who?

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Report it to the site, most of the buy and sell sites don't like puppy farming, if you report it and the site does nothing, at least you've tried.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

Take screen shots, contact numbers etc & contact the new animal cruelty helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Take screen shots of all the ads, email these screen shots to the ispca inspectorate email address and report them all to the website. It's important to take screen shots as the website will take down the ads and if you send links in the email they won't be able to open them.

I'v found a few people the same as you've found and the website are usually quick to remove them and ban the person (well they say they ban the person but not sure if it's the ip address they ban or just block the number/email address). The ispca are usually quick to respond also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarah_louise

I emailed the website, but sadly they haven't gotten back to me on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

this HAS TO BE on donedeal. I reporet loads of ads and most of the time I manage to have them removed but their turnaround is up to 24 hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement