Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software that allows me read e-book that I've bought?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to buy one particular e-book on Amazon.co.uk, its for my sister and she does not have any type of e-reader.

She does have a laptop.

Can anyone recommend software that will allow me convert the ebook over to say, windows or some format that she can then read it on her laptop?

Is this allowed?! I am buying the book, just have no desire or money to buy her an e-reader to go with it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If you bought it from Amazon, it's probably in Kindle format, in which case there's a free kindle application for computers and smartphones.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You don't need to convert it, just download the kindle app from Amazon and you'll be able to read it on the computer, there's also apps for your phone too, if you fancy reading on a small screen.

I must say though, if she doesn't have an ereader, why won't you just buy the actual book? :confused: I can't imagine it being much fun reading a whole book on a computer and the hardcopy probably wouldn't cost much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Thanks a mill.

Apparently it's not really a book, more of a 20 pager type of thing that is not available nor will be made available on any other format. Seems dumb to me but....:mad:

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jarmstrong001

This software will allow you to convert the book into another format that can be read on the computer (eg PDF)
    calibre
    or you could use this software on the computer to read the book in the format it is in already.

Advertisement