Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do Irish Online Grocery shoppers want?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi to all,

I am hoping to get this thread going as a part of research for a project commencing this month.

I would appreciate honest and open input, good or bad, highlighting peoples experience in online Grocery shopping in Ireland.

The current providers are Tesco, Superquinn and Supervalu - who else would you like to see in the market?

Would you, the Consumer, be attracted by a new solely online service offering better price and a dedicated, committed service to just online Customers. Would a premium brand on top of your every day essentials be attractive to you? ie. Marks & Spencers.

How would you feel about a delivery service similar to the old "Milk Man" service to your door in the early hours of the morning with Fresh Milk, Bread, Juice, Lunchbox fillers with your Daily Newspaper? Set, regular orders at your doorstep every morning...

For those who are not using internet, the ability to phone or text your home delivery order..

I would be grateful for all feedback in the coming days on this issue,

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NomadicMe

Would love to be able to see a portal that puts all of the different supermarkets in the one space and allows me to pick the different items from the different shops and have them delivered to my house at a time convenient to me.

For example, I would love to have Aldi kiwis, M&S milk, Tesco eggs etc.

I would personally be willing to pay an extra few quid to have that convenience so if you are thinking of something like that, you have my vote- however, I would suspect there is a fair bit of work required in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I like Tesco for the range, I would only buy the special offers from Dunnes. I would buy the fresh items from SuperQuinn, but I'd rather see those before I buy. I didnt know Super Value did home shopping.

Also I think the store your shopping comes from makes a big difference, there's a vast difference between Dunnes in Waterford and Gorey, they dont even look like the same company.

I started using home shopping while at home on maternity leave, this is when companies should target potential customers as its so hard to get tot he shops.

€5 is the most I'd pay for delivery cost, if that slot is not available I'll wait until it is. I love the fact can go back over what I've bought before as the description on products and the picture can be misleading,but if you've bought it before you know what your going to get.

I would like M&S to do home shopping as the nearest store is 40 minutes drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I like Tesco for the range, I would only buy the special offers from Dunnes. I would buy the fresh items from SuperQuinn, but I'd rather see those before I buy. I didnt know Super Value did home shopping.

Also I think the store your shopping comes from makes a big difference, there's a vast difference between Dunnes in Waterford and Gorey, they dont even look like the same company.

I started using home shopping while at home on maternity leave, this is when companies should target potential customers as its so hard to get tot he shops.

€5 is the most I'd pay for delivery cost, if that slot is not available I'll wait until it is. I love the fact can go back over what I've bought before as the description on products and the picture can be misleading,but if you've bought it before you know what your going to get.

I would like M&S to do home shopping as the nearest store is 40 minutes drive away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smartthinking

So what's the feeling on a Milk Man run who would offer up to 100 of the most essential products a household would use?

There would be NO delivery charge for this service?

Thanks for the earlier replies..

My feeling is it would be a logistical nightmare to select products from different stores, however, if your product was not coming from a store and is in a dedicated warehouse Management by the right personnel, the products should be as fresh and of high quality as they are when they leave the Manufacturer or Farmers door. Substitutions would be minimal as the website would not allow the purchase of stock that's not in the Warehouse, this is where competitors can fall down as in-store Customers can erode stock levels easily.

I'd like to keep this discussion moving.. Thanks again

Thanks Guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭NomadicMe

it would take you some time to build up a reputation for your product- would I want to order veggies without seeing them from a store I am not sure of, I dunno :/

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement