Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband without a phone line??

• 12-01-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have no phone line in my house and dont want one either , currently i have one of those 3 dongle things but its not very reliable . Is there a way to get wifi broadband without a phone line and what provider do people recommend ?
    I live in Palmerstown in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Your options would be UPC (same cable as their TV service) or wireless providers such as Digiweb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Have you had a look at Imagine
    http://www.imagine.ie/wimax_broadband.html
    they provide WiMax coverage around your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 choppy66

Your options would be UPC (same cable as their TV service) or wireless providers such as Digiweb

I have Sky though not UPC so i dont think i can just get broadband from them but i'll have a look at Digiweb
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10 choppy66

Will Defo have a look at WiMax . Just those bloody ads with the baldy guy singing do my head in (first world problem I know !)
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Imagine WiMax is not broadband. UPC broadband doesn't require you to have the TV service, so having Sky is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

BB only with UPC has a standalone charge of E7.88 pm.
    Getting a phone service with your BB is cheaper(you don't have to use the phone).

Advertisement