Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE ROUTER

Options
  • 12-01-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have just bought an i pod touch and have found out that it will not run off my vodafone mobile usb. someone told me that i will need a vodaphone router but they are up on 70 euros and are hard to come by. I wonder do people sell them second hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Moved from Headphones & Portable Audio to Wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nogie11

Thanks for that,;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 web designer meath

I've got an old one but you can get any old router from ebay/donedeal. I moved to Eircom just a few months ago but they're no better.

Before you get a router, make sure you have BROADBAND.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I've got an old one but you can get any old router from ebay/donedeal. I moved to Eircom just a few months ago but they're no better.

Before you get a router, make sure you have BROADBAND.

You are not correct there the op cannot use "any old router" please be careful in the information you are giving.

The op has a 3g dongle presumably from Vodafone. If he wishes to use his Vodafone 3g sim then this is what he needs:

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/mobilebroadband/devices/devices_detail.jsp

The advantage of a device like that is that you can bring it with you.

It is possible to get more serious type routers (and more expensive too of course) but make sure they are specific to 3g.

Have a look at the stickies here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1147

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

here are a couple of Huawei HG556a VF DSL routers which I believe will take a VF 3G dongle (and USB disks). Its a 802.11n spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nogie11

Cool, got that sorted lads thanks very much.;)

Advertisement