Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you a clean freak?

• 12-01-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

As a male college student, my room is a mess filled with cups, underwear and old plates. Part of me actually takes pride in it to be honest like "nobody can make me clean it up":D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

I guess your mother has always done it for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Are you sure you are not confusing college student with montessori student?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You seem to be confusing 'clean freak' with 'functioning adult'

Clean your room!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

You all seem like clean freaks to me. I have to sleep outside my room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

i'm not a clean 'freak' but i hate dirty cups and plates lying around ,i feel calmer after washing up , plus if you leave them for ages the dirt seems to weld itself on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I can live with dust all over the place and the floor not hoovered for months, but items must be put away rather than thrown all over the floor or on back of chairs etc. So I guess I'm 50/50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

phasers wrote: »
    You seem to be confusing 'clean freak' with 'functioning adult'

Clean your room!

you do it, cleanliness nerd

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I aint no clean freak, I'm a superfreak. F*ck yo couch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

More of a duuurrrttyy freak

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

After a shower, yes I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Downstairs, Yes, always!

My bedroom and bathroom, could give a toss, sh!te everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

With a room that messy you obviously never get laid either. :pac:

Blikes wrote: »
    My bedroom and bathroom............... sh!te everywhere!

nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

OP, you just sound like a bit of a minger as opposed to somebody who enjoys the freedom to not clean up after themselves.

I'm definitely a clean freak. The tiniest bits of clutter or messiness drive me insane.

OP, you just sound like a bit of a minger as opposed to somebody who enjoys the freedom to not clean up after themselves.

I'm definitely a clean freak. The tiniest bits of clutter or messiness drive me insane.

clutter.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    With a room that messy you obviously never get laid either. :pac:

I have a gf, obviously when shes around i clean up a bit like throw out the piss bottle:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

John Doe1 wrote: »
    clutter.jpg

Is that the worlds biggest condom? (top right)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I wonder what it is in the brain development or perhaps DNA that drives people to be either clean freaks or mess freaks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

clutter.jpg

Pretty bad. That monitor's been waiting to be thrown out since 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Cleaning lady FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I'm not a clean freak, I'm just not a lazy git so I actually clean up after myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I have to live with 2 d*ckheads, a man and a woman, that I have to clean up after all the time. Both from really posh families, don't know if that's a factor. In their 30s and they can't even keep the place in the least bit tidy. F**king drives me nuts as I can't relax in the flat unless it's clean, so I end up doing their dishes and cleaning up their mess. GRrrrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Swampy wrote: »
    Cleaning lady FTW.
    Cleaning ladies are scary, I rented out a couple of rooms to them recently, they actually cleaned constantly after work as well. All well and good, until they got drunk and smashed through a door in an argument, after that it was eviction time in the big doc house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I have to live with 2 d*ckheads, a man and a woman, that I have to clean up after all the time. Both from really posh families, don't know if that's a factor. In their 30s and they can't even keep the place in the least bit tidy. F**king drives me nuts as I can't relax in the flat unless it's clean, so I end up doing their dishes and cleaning up their mess. GRrrrrr.

I would recommend shatting on their beds. Surely they would clean that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bambera

I'm a really messy person and a clean freak :( I'm either making a massive mess or cleaning one up. No fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I used to be crazy messy, then I moved to my own place and a switch flicked. Suddenly, everything is super tidy and clean or it annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

Mistake. They know you'll probably end up cleaning after them, so they're not going to bother their arses now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I have a gf, obviously when shes around i clean up a bit like throw out the piss bottle:p

Here ye are

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jeremy-vine/images/wayne-slob-292.jpg

Abi wrote: »
    Mistake. They know you'll probably end up cleaning after them, so they're not going to bother their arses now.

He knows it is but if he's like me he just can't leave dirty plates and stuff lying around. If there was a plate left out I literally wouldn't be able to sleep thinking about it and would end up crawling out of bed to wash it :rolleyes:

Somebody help me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

put their tootbrushes up your bum.

put their fingers up your bum.

FYP ;)

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Maedbhish

Ugh. Effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Coming home at night to a clean, well ordered home, with all the basics of clean laundry, basic food shopping, hygenic kitchen and bathroom, heating and hot water, is one of the great pleasures of being an adult.

Dirtiness/untidyness wrecks my head and disturbs my inner peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I'm moving out of a shared house tomorrow. 2 people I live with a really messy and either me or my other housemate ends up cleaning up after them. It's one of the reasons I'm moving out. Just can't face the mess anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Clean and tidy at the non neurotic level. Germs bad, bit of clutter grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement