Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LMO (last resort)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Colmfatcamp

Good to read a few positive stories about the LMO - I had a failure in implied status in 2010 and looks like that's the way forward for us if they're going to crack down on the 18months in Ireland thing.

I know Jimmy that you've been saying you can't go in to Implie Status on IEC visa but I was always under the impression that what IBH was true. The reality is that (for the most part) it seems nobody comes knocking down on your door when your visa expires. I know people that remained working in professional establishments (even the Government!) on no visa an no implied status at all. It's not ideal but for a short time you've got to do what you've got to do to make it work.

I hear the best experiences for getting visa processed at the border is at Pearson in Toronto, or the borders with Detroit in West Ontario. Haven't heard much about West Coast borders but I know in my previous place of work we encouraged people to do their "around the flagpole" trips at the Detroit border as they're known to be more leniant there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chiefeile

I have called immigration twice and both agents told me that I can work once i get the app in on time.
    I have an email from one giving me all the required info on getting started it correctly.
    She also told me that I wouldn't have to cross the border to activate it as it can all be done by post.
    Anyhow I have both their names,dates and time of the phone calls,so if any problems arise I can refer to these conversations as a back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

chiefeile wrote: »
    I have called immigration twice and both agents told me that I can work once i get the app in on time.
    I have an email from one giving me all the required info on getting started it correctly.
    She also told me that I wouldn't have to cross the border to activate it as it can all be done by post.
    Anyhow I have both their names,dates and time of the phone calls,so if any problems arise I can refer to these conversations as a back up.

Excellent! That sounds great to me. Would you mind send my a PM with their e-mail pasted in (removing all personal details obviously) and the phone number you called them on so I can tie them into a similar arrangement? Had you received a positive LMO at that point? Thanks a million!

Great, I'd apprecaite that! Thanks

Not good news...heard someone got rejected over the 18 month thing. Time to ramp up your LMO!

Not good news...heard someone got rejected over the 18 month thing. Time to ramp up your LMO!

Yeah, a friend of mine got rejected so that option is out the window now.. My LMO is in 2-3 weeks ago now so it's all well and truely out of my hands now. My current visa expire 3/4 of the way through April! Cheers

• Advertisement

It's disappointing but if the LMO works for you then way better in the long run! Best of luck!

For sure it will make life easier but it's impossible to know if they will grant a positive LMO. Accountants aren't really sought after in Canada currently. Hopefully I made a good enough case in my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SpiderBiff

Hey McNulty,

I hope everything worked out for you and you are still in Canada. I am in a similar situation to you. My IEC visa expires October 31st 2012 (just over a week) and I was told by two immigration consultants that I could remain under 'Implied Status' until my LMO is approved.

I have an interview with a fast food company in Saskatchewan and they have applied for LMO. In my paperwork, they have said that they will attach my name to one of the LMOs when they are approved. I was under the impression that I could remain working for them under "IS" until my TWP is approved.

Was this the case for you? I'm interested to find out anyone's experience on this matter.

Anyway, I hope it all worked out for you.

All the best

Advertisement