Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best hotel to stay with a Newborn

Options
  • 12-01-2012 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, Myself and my partner have decided to go away for a night with our daughter who is 10 weeks old. Does anyone know of a good hotel to bring a newborn baby to that is not that far away from Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I have never stayed there myself but have heard great things about Kelly's Hotel and White's - both in Wexford. I have eaten in both and always had good food & service etc. Only about an hour and a half drive from Dublin so not too bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Hodson Bay Hotel just outside Athlone. I know it's not exactly a quaint little place, but we stayed there when our boy was small and it was great.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We never had an issue in any hotel with the kids but we did find the nicer hotels went out of there way for us.

Johnstown House and Finnstown House were 2 of the best near Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Mark

Avril123 wrote: »
    Hi, Myself and my partner have decided to go away for a night with our daughter who is 10 weeks old. Does anyone know of a good hotel to bring a newborn baby to that is not that far away from Dublin?

We like to get hotel deals where we can and have stayed at the following with our little boy before he turned 1:
    Crowne Plaza Dundalk
    Roganstown House (also do baby swimming classes)
    Tulfarris

I have to say, they were all very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Kelly's don't do single nights, onle weekends and full weeks. It's also quite expensive. I do like White's, it's nice and central so you can wander around the town and there's a few informal restaurants near by where no one would bat an eyelid at a baby in a buggy at night. There's a nice pool and thermal area also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Roundwood House in Mountrath is perfect. There are not too many rooms and the top floor is done out like a nursery. You could put baby down in your room and go down to dinner (the food is amazing) or relax in the drawing room and be near enough if you bring your monitor. The hosts have young kids themselves too and are lovely.

http://www.roundwoodhouse.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We stayed at the Amber Springs in Gorey for a Baptisim and it was amazing. I think baby was about 10 months. The travel cot was lovely and they gaves us loads of extra sheets etc. They have a pool too and its central so you can walk around the town.

http://www.amberspringshotel.ie/

Advertisement