Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other Landfill sites?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

When Whiteriver Landfill Site was closing to Domestic waste in Oct, I was told it would be opening after Christmas, I rang today to be told it's not taking domestic waste from now on. I have several bags waiting to be disposed of. DOes anybody know of another Landfill site in Louth or adjoining counties where I can take my garbage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

VW will take it in Dundalk at a nice wee price of €6 a bag

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

They're in Drogheda too. I'd say you could strike a price with them too for the six bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Not a chance, they do anything to get €6 a bag. We were getting rid of stuff from our kitchen refurb last year so we had waste wood, chipboard etc, and a small box of broken tiles, thinking that there might be somewhere for them. Yer one wanted €6 for the few broken tiles!! :eek:. Not a chance, we put them into our regular bin.

Fantastic outlet for recycling but if they don't have a "department" for your waste, it's charged at the €6 rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

In Dundalk they accept "builders rubble" for the tiles and openly recycle wood. Don't think Drogheda take the rubble aspect anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

any one know of any place that you can bring a car trailer of rubbish and dump it fairly cheap
    cheers g

• Advertisement
Advertisement