Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet cafe in Dublin city centre that doesn't play music?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I don't mind people talking but i cant read if there is music

anyone know cafe in town with comfy chairs and no music?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Very,very difficult to find I'm afraid.It seems like there must be music and noise whereever we go in Dublin city to drown out our own thoughts! I find the best place If you want a bit of silence while your having your tea or coffee is hotels. The library bar in the central hotel never plays music, and can be very quiet depending on what night of the week it is. They also have lovely comfy chairs, and you can sit their for hourse and not be moved.

Upstairs in the Insomnia just off Henry Street also doesnt have any music.

Starbucks used to be good for inoffensive music that played very lightly,but the last few times I have been in they've been blaring out 98fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

thanks for reply will try both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

What about local pubs during the day time? Sometimes they play TV news or Horse Racings but I never found it too disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Most of the time I'd say it's for the sanity of the staff, so would be difficult to find. I've been blaring nova in work all day, and it's for me, not for others!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Groinshot wrote: »
    Most of the time I'd say it's for the sanity of the staff, so would be difficult to find. I've been blaring nova in work all day, and it's for me, not for others!

Can they not confine the speakers to the kitchen and counter then.

Was in the Queen of tarts yesterday and could only get a seat beside the speaker. I couldn't hear a word my friend was saying to me. My brain is very simple and cant cope with listening to someone speaking to me, and music at the same time. Music in cafes really is the bain of my life.

I agree with Peter that pubs sometimes can be a good bet. The Wild Boar on Capel Street is worth checking out If you want some peace and quiet

• Advertisement
Advertisement