Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting rid of dark circles under eyes

• 12-01-2012 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I was looking for some advice/products that people find good at getting rid of dark circles under eyes. They aren't terrible, but after nearly two weeks of having good sleeps they are still there. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭laura*

Advanced Night Repair Eye by Estee Lauder,
    I used it cause my mum used it and practically all my family now.
    You have to use it every night though and they'll be gone in 3/4 weeks.
    here's a link:
    http://www.esteelauder.com/product/685/9454/Product-Catalog/Skincare/By-Category/Eye-Care/Advanced-Night-Repair-Eye/Synchronized-Complex/index.tmpl

For a quick fix use Garnier Eye Roll On with the color in it, this more so hides it then repairs I think.
    link:
    http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Caffine-Anti-dark-Circles-2-in-1-Tinted-Eye-Roll-On-Very-Fair_1160756/

Use luke warm teabags over your eyes and lye down for 10mins to help too, they've antioxidants.

You can buy both at boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Get a pink or salmon colored concealer to put on under your foundation... It will brighten the area and then after your foundation, if need be apply concealer as normal!

Catrice has a great concealer palette with all the colors you need! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭emmetmurphy

You could just stop fighting even

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

emmetmurphy Please don't post if you don't have anything constructive to add.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Clinique have a really good eye cream called "all about eyes" which I found very good. I noticed within a few hours of applying the cream that the dark circles had gone down a bit so with continued use over a period of time the circles would be reduced, maybe even gone altogether.

My mother also uses that Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye and swears by it.

http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1683/4769/Skin-Care/Eye-Lip-Care/All-About-Eyes/index.tmpl

http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1683/15601/Skin-Care/Eye-Lip-Care/All-About-Eyes-Rich/Very-Dry-to-Dry-Combination-Skin-Types/index.tmpl - I have never used the rich cream so can't say what it is like.

If you read reviews on http://www.makeupalley.com/ you'll get a good idea of how good, bad etc products are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

smashbox HD concealer is very good. Its expensive but a tube lasts a long time

Nip and fab eye fix is amazing stuff I use it everyday you apply it to the area before you apply concealer I couldn;t be without it.

also the soap and glory trick and treatment is not bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Yeah I have the Trick and Treatment, it's ok so far but not sure yet what I think of it!

I know Origins Ginzing Eye Cream always gets favourable reviews, have yet to try it though!

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye sounds very impressive, anyone know how much it costs??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye sounds very impressive, anyone know how much it costs??:)
    It is €50 in Debenhams http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123010200699_-1?lid=//productsuniverse/en_GB/product_online=Y/$s=ADVANCED\u0020NIGHT\u0020REPAIR\u0020EYE\u0020SYNCHRONIZED\u0020COMPLEX\u0020Est\u00E9e\u0020Lauder\u0020\u0020

Though my mother got it there in a set with the face product (same as the eye product, but just for the face) and she got the set (both full size I think) for around €60. Normally around €100 or more for both products separately as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Anyone know of any good ones for men? Tried garnier and l'oreal roll on with no success

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

I use Dr Schwabb puff away eye cream and find it really good, my dark circles have really diminshed. I use alongside garnier tinted brightening eye roll on, they work really well together. I have noticed a big improvement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

I too have dark circles. However, mine are hereditary and I have accepted after buying numerous products that nothing really works if your circles are hereditary!

Mine arent so noticeable in the summer when the skin on my face is darker but when I am pale in the winter they are quite bad. I honestly think the only solution is a good concealer and believe me when I say I have tried hundreds! I have setlled on Clinique all about eyes concealer which is great and not at all cakey and if im having a particularly bad dark circle day, i will also use Benefit lemon aid sparsely underneath the clinique. I also use the lemon aid on my lids every day as they are dark too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 coffeeandshoes

I swear by touche eclat by Yves Saint Laurent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

It isnt make up but have you tried taken milk thistle tablets...Pick a pack up in the health store..I always have dark cirlces or bags under my eyes since i was a kid and started on these recently really noticed the differance i must say, tisnt like wowee the dissapear overnight but still worth it i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Get a pink or salmon colored concealer to put on under your foundation... It will brighten the area and then after your foundation, if need be apply concealer as normal!
    :-)

I second this. I use benefit's erase paste which is slightly pink in tone, then bobbi browns duo concealer. Only have the bobbi brown makeup about a week now and I love it!

Erase paste is a little thick though; I'm tempted to back to bobbi brown and buy the pink concealer they used on me when they were selling me my foundation. I'll probably wait until I've used up all of the erase paste because it wasn't cheap! But if anyone has any suggestions for pink concealer that's on the cheap side then I'm all ears :)

I got Mac's Mineralize Concealer over the weekend and am really liking it so far, nice and creamy and does a good job at covering dark circles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I got Vichy Dermablend Corrective Stick Foundation for use as a concealer in a pharmacy yesterday and it's amazing on dark circles :D

If you swipe a finger over the product once and apply there is absolutely no trace of any dark circle to speak of. I've been wearing it today and it hasn't come off yet since this morning and it's still doing its job. I used Benefit's Boiing prior to this and this is in a different world of amazing to Boiing it doesn't even compare.

I've used Erase Paste too but I got annoyed with it because if I wasn't doing a full face of foundation some days it looked stupid like reverse panda eyes due to the pink tone of it. Touche Eclat doesn't cover the circles to anyone who is considering trying it. What you need to do is even the colour first with concealer and then use a little Touche Eclat over that. It's really runny and more like an illuminating liquid it doesn't cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

I used to use the Touche Eclat by Yves St Laurent but found the price just too expensive. Having watched a lot of the beauty vlogs on YouTube, I noticed that a number of the gurus there recommended 'Lasting Perfection' concealer by Collection 2000. Tried it and haven't looked back since. It has three colours to choose from. It also has good staying power and I consider it an excellent product for both dark circles and blemishes. Quite inexpensive too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I've the dark circle problem (had them all my life) but also fine lines! Do any of these products help with fine lines as well?

mood wrote: »
    I've the dark circle problem (had them all my life) but also fine lines! Do any of these products help with fine lines as well?

I suppose the thing with fine lines is that we don't want product to 'sit' in them as this emphasizes the problem. I'm absolutely not a professional makeup artist, so am not fully au fait with the science behind it, but from what I have read, the Touche Eclat by YSL is so fine that it does not clog the lines. I have only recently been using the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection and I must say that it is not at all heavy or drying, so I feel that this product may also be suitable for your needs. HUGE price difference between the two, but really as with all beauty products, the only way to know is to try. What suits one person may be completely wrong for another. You could try looking at a few of the professional makeup artists on YouTube. Go on their channels and access their back catalogues for reviews of products......one of the best is Gossmakeupartist. Another is pixiwoo or pixiwooMadness, or lisaeldridgedotcom. Hope this is a help to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

I agree - a little dab and blend of this is great for concealing under eye shadow, before applying foundation.
    I'm referring to the Touche Eclat!

• Advertisement

mm i know this is a beauty forum but I am really surprised that everyone seems to recommend things to cover up problems...Jaysus no wonder half the women and girls you see walking around the place are caked in make up. Now i understand covering things up but does anyone not like to help prevent or get rid of these problems..

I mean this now in the nicest way :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I know how to cover them up but I'm trying to get rid of / reduce them.

Oh, I tried Touche Eclat before and didn't find it much good.

Can anyone recommend a good eye cream? Is there any other solution ie laser etc?

Thats what I was saying...

I am in the same boat as you...I recently started taking Milk Thistle tablets and they have defianlty made a differance alrite. Now it isnt wow they have compelty dissapeared but defo reduced them alot..

they are good for your liver also so if they dont work on your eyes they wont do any harm for the liver. I was recommended two a day for the course of the pack and then off for a month me thinks and back on..

With the eye creams I have yet to find a really good one. I have tried so far the Le Roche Posay Rehydration and doesnt do anything. Olay Anti Ageing and nought either..Tried Origins roll on it does give them a pep and feels quite nice to refresh them but hasnt really got rid of any lines..

I have heard Vitamin k is suppose to be great but I cant find an eye cream that suits with it in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

jokettle wrote: »
    I second this. I use benefit's erase paste which is slightly pink in tone, then bobbi browns duo concealer. Only have the bobbi brown makeup about a week now and I love it!

Erase paste is a little thick though; I'm tempted to back to bobbi brown and buy the pink concealer they used on me when they were selling me my foundation. I'll probably wait until I've used up all of the erase paste because it wasn't cheap! But if anyone has any suggestions for pink concealer that's on the cheap side then I'm all ears :)

I don't know if its any good but soap and glory have a pink and yellow toned concealer duo with a setting powder!

Milly33 wrote: »
    mm i know this is a beauty forum but I am really surprised that everyone seems to recommend things to cover up problems...Jaysus no wonder half the women and girls you see walking around the place are caked in make up. Now i understand covering things up but does anyone not like to help prevent or get rid of these problems..

I mean this now in the nicest way :D
    I think most people try to do both things - prevent and in the meantime cover up. There are all sorts of things which help prevents puffiness/dark circles/lines but ultimately if the problem is there, a lot of people like to lessen the effect by using make up. Good diet, less alcohol, exercise, vitamins, all these things help us to look better. But for some, it is quite simply genetics and if covering up gives them more confidence, then that is what they should do. :)

A good moisturising eye cream put on the eye area first will help stop the concealer drying as well, I like Dermalogica's total eye care as it helps brighten underneath a little as well but it's expensive so I'd always recommend you give it a trial first, the girls in the salons usually have samples behind the desk:)

Advertisement