Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is UPC good for Xbox Live

• 12-01-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Thinking of switching to UPC..

Is it good for xbox live?

If I do get it I'll be getting at least 50mb, might go the extra 10 quid a month and get the 100mb.

Also is it hard to set up for xbox live?

Not sure what to do yet....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I find it is perfect for live. Much better experiece than I ever had with any other broadband provider. There was no configuration needed for me to get it running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yeah have the 50mb here myself,no problems with it whatsoever,no lag at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

100Mb line here and it works perfectly, The odd few times i might get a bad connection, But that normally comes down to the host.

To be honest, Alot of the time I'm the host myself. If so then the connection is normally perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

chops018 wrote: »
    Thinking of switching to UPC..

Is it good for xbox live?

If I do get it I'll be getting at least 50mb, might go the extra 10 quid a month and get the 100mb.

Also is it hard to set up for xbox live?

Not sure what to do yet....

Broadband speed has nothing to do with the quality of a connection to xbox live, game send out several messages no more than 1mb in size in rapid sucession. Your ping is what matters most, all connections over 8mb should all be the same if the ping is the same. UPC is usually decent enough.

Advertisement