Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Software that shows the iPad on a computer screen wirelessly in the same room

• 12-01-2012 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got an iPad for Christmas and I'm a teacher. I have a smart board in my classroom that's hooked up to a windows 7 PC. We have a wireless access point on the network but the pc is connected by cable to the network.

A chap I know is confident that I can use my iPad while walking around the classroom and have it reflected onto the pc screen and therefore onto the smart board.

Can anyone tell me how I'd go about this? I can connect the iPad to the wireless network fine, which is connected to the general school network.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

I think 'Airplay Mirroring' is what its called, but Im not sure if theres a windows 7 client for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

There's one called Splashtop. Basically you download a free streamer onto your computer and download the whiteboard application.

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/splashtop-whiteboard/id437679527?mt=8

It's €15.99 which is steep for an app but it's definitely worth it when you think of the benefits of the iPad in the classroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

There's one called Splashtop. Basically you download a free streamer onto your computer and download the whiteboard application. It connects to the iPad via the wifi.

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/splashtop-whiteboard/id437679527?mt=8

It's €15.99 which is steep for an app but it's definitely worth it when you think of the benefits of the iPad in the classroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I am surprised that apple would allow such a thing to be honest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Apple TV but only if the computer you're using has a HDMI port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Splash top and logmein which is free will display the pc on the iPad.

Logmein was about 20 euro and now it is free. I would download it.

Splash top has a free version to try I out.

If you want to display the iPad screen on a projector you would probably need a piece of hardware called an apple tv but it does no work with every app.

My recommendation would be to use logmein and control your pc from the iPad. This would mean thar you could run pc programmes on the iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

dingding wrote: »
    Splash top and logmein which is free will display the pc on the iPad.

Logmein was about 20 euro and now it is free. I would download it.

Splash top has a free version to try I out.

If you want to display the iPad screen on a projector you would probably need a piece of hardware called an apple tv but it does no work with every app.

My recommendation would be to use logmein and control your pc from the iPad. This would mean thar you could run pc programmes on the iPad.

I'll check that out. Its ideally the other way around that I'm after though. I want to be able to see the iPad on the pc screen (the smart board will automatically just show what's on the pc screen then so I don't have to worry about that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

You can get the apple cable that allows the iPad to be shown on the projector screen.

jamesd wrote: »
    You can get the apple cable that allows the iPad to be shown on the projector screen.

I need to be able to walk around he classroom for the stuff I have in mind so it's wireless I'm after Im afraid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

splashtop will give you full access tour pc wirelessly, use it my self it is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Teamviewer free for home use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Great stuff, Thanks for the tips so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭matchthis

I use both splashtop and teamviewer. Teamviewer I find is more easy to navigate around. Splashtop is handy when you want to stream a media file to the iPad

Advertisement