Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sako TRG 22

• 12-01-2012 5:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

SAKO TRG 22 bolt action rifle in .308 (Black) – Complete with – Night Force 8-32 x 56 Precision Benchrest scope ( 1/8 click ) with the NP-2DD recticle – NEAR 20moa triple ring scope mount – original Sako muzzle break - original Sako bipods – one piece cleaning rod with bore guide - Storm flight case iM3300 plus extras. Less than 150rds fired, slow run-in.

Total Kit Value Approx €5,500 plus, asking €3,000 ONO.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Best of luck with the sale.
    Here's a free bump.

That is one hell of a sweet deal for all that kit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Thanks dCorbus.

Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

Hi V Bull, long time reader first time poster! Have a .223 and a Sako .17 HMR, the TRg 22 is my next purchase and would defo be interested, only problem seems to be that Supers seem to insist on Deer licence for that Calibre.. am doing my HCAP but anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that the coillte tenders to shoot are thin on the ground , was half thinking of joining national shooting centre as they can take any calibre rifle - is this a better option until I can finally (hopefully!) get deer licence? Any advice gladly accepted..
    BTW I'm in north county Dublin so no landowners with deer etc etc..the two permissions I have are for shooting vermin...

Hi Shooter69, First of all, welcome to Boards.ie.

My TRG 22 is / was mainly used as a target rifle, however, in Scandinavian counties they use them as hunting rifles aswell with great effect.

May I suggest that you open another thread in the main shooting forum and ask the experts there for their opinion and advise as I am mainly a paper puncher and know even less about hunting requirements.

I would always direct people to join a shooting club or organisation as you will always get sound advise from their members, and as for the National Shooting Centre of Ireland, well in my humble opinion, you just can't get any better than them, I'm a member there too.

Thanks for the interest in my rifle and best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

Cheers V Bull. Good advice, I will post question in main forum and see if anyone can help. I mainly shoot rabbit/foxes and am a member of local club here. As I live in North County Dublin I am willing to join the national shooting centre but only if it will help me get the TRG or similar .308 ..once I can get it I will probably potter down to hone my skills on it and ultimately gain the deer licence...its a catch 22 situation though if I cant get the gun without the deer licence though...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

Great value, know the gun, very well looked after. I had a TRG myself great gun used it for target and deer best of luck with the sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

V Bull wrote: »
    SAKO TRG 22 bolt action rifle in .308 (Black) – Complete with – Night Force 8-32 x 56 Precision Benchrest scope ( 1/8 click ) with the NP-2DD recticle – NEAR 20moa triple ring scope mount – original Sako muzzle break - original Sako bipods – one piece cleaning rod with bore guide - Storm flight case iM3300 plus extras. Less than 150rds fired, slow run-in.

Total Kit Value Approx €5,500 plus, asking €3,000 ONO.

trg22b.jpg

How much for just the rifle and bipod?

@ Long Range Shooter..

Sorry, but a guy has put a deposit down on the whole set pending his firearms licence approval...

Thanks for the interest..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement