Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Curtin RIP

Options
  • 12-01-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

I was going to put this in the Tralee thread but as he was known the length and breadth of Kerry and beyond, I'll place it here. The death has been announced of well known Tralee native and much loved and talented jazz musician (and much more), Billy Curtin. I know he had been seriously ill for sometime. May he rest in peace.

http://www.rip.ie/death_notices_detail.asp?NoticeID=153470

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RIP Billy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

that's sad news. RIP Billy & condolences to the Curtin family

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jellybeans777

Hi, new here but looking to put together a compilation of Billy's music, along with pictures. Anyone any leads of where to start. Really would appreciate any leads, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Hi, new here but looking to put together a compilation of Billy's music, along with pictures. Anyone any leads of where to start. Really would appreciate any leads, Thanks

His family used to live in John's Park in Tralee, perhaps they still do. Tommy O'Connor lives in John's Park too, he would have know Billy very well, I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Is this a commercial or not for profit venture? I know his wife and daughter quite well. PM me if you want their address but I recommend requesting their permission before you embark on anything as he may have copyrighted his music. I'm sure they would be glad to assist with anyone wanting to keep Billy's legacy alive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement