Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb charging me 225 for cancellation for not working broadband service.

Options
  • 12-01-2012 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

This company charged me 225euro for wasting my time.
    And they even admit that they failed to deliver the service.
    Serviced nothing and nothing activated.
    At first they told me that I can't get any broadband from them.
    And then they insisted that they activated phone line which not working.
    And made me spending a month without broadband then
    when I require to cancel their broadband which never worked they charged me 225euro.
    When you get digiweb service you can get into this kind of problem.

This is my story.

I ordered digiweb broadband package on 7th of dec and a sales guy from digiweb contacted me regarding my order.
    At first I tried to order digiweb metro but the guy told me they don't service it in my area so I ended up ordering an adsl broadband package.
    And the next day the same guy called me and told me I can't get digiweb broadband because there is already
    existing phone line account with previous tenant and I had to cancel it myself before I get any broadband.
    I asked them if they cancel the line on their side but he said it needs to be done by myself.

So I thought my order canceled and I contacted my property agent to find out the story of my already existing phone line account.
    But nobody knows anything about the phone line so I had to call eircomm several time and I was told that it is a vodafone line.
    Then I called vodafone and ordered vodafone broadband service.

But on the same day, 9th of dec I was called by a woman from digiweb and she told me that they activated a phone line account
    and the woman required to cancel my vodafone order.
    So I canceled my vodafone order.
    I thought it's a simple misunderstanding between me and the sales guy.

And I waited for digiweb dispathcing my modem but they didn't do anything until the end of 2011.
    When I was contacted by digiweb sales guy first time he told me that I get their broadband service in 10 working days before christmas.
    After a week I started worrying about the possibility that I don't get the broadband before christmas.
    So I contacted digiweb before christmas but they didn't give me any time-frame.

So I had to live on vodafone 3G almost a month.
    After new year's day I contacted the sales guy again.
    And finally he dispatched my modem.
    According to this guy they sent it on 3d of jan 2012.
    And I got the modem on 5th of jan.
    This means they lied about 10 working days and they knew that I can't get their broadband service before christmas.

And after I received I found the modem not working.
    Coz there's phone line problem.
    The broadband light on the modem was flashing constantly.
    So I contacted the sales guy again and he told me that I need to call their support team.
    But even I spent 20mins I couldn't reach any support guy.

So I asked the sales guy to cancel my order and the guy redirect me to a support guy by himself.
    And the support guy told me he get no signal on his side.
    He asked my number and told me he will contact me after he talked to eircomm.
    But I didn't get contacted by this guy ever.

So the next day, 6th of jan I requested the sales guy to cancel my order again.
    And this guy redirected me to the other guy and he redirect me to the other woman and she redirect me to someone.
    Just endless of redirecting.

So I sent an email to them requiring immediate cancel of my order.
    And one guy from digiweb called me on 9th of jan requring me paying 120euro as the cancellation fee.

I am a software develeoper working from home.
    These people caused lots of trouble for me and my company and requiring money for wasting my time.
    They serviced nothing and activated nothing just wasting my time.

And when I tried to cancle vodafone order vodafone insisted that it's their line.
    Actually eircomm confirmed that it's vodafone line as well when I tried to find out the story of the already existing line.
    And the last guy from digiweb who contacted me was talking about vodafone line also.
    Based on these facts I assume it was actually a vodafone line and there's no digiweb line activated.

I asked digiweb sales guy many times if they really activated a phone line.
    Because vodafone told me differently.
    I even asked these people what happens if vodafone cancel my line.
    Digiweb told me I still get their broadband service.

They didn't activate anything.
    They didn't deliver their service in 10 working days.
    They didn't even intend to deliver their service in 10 working days.
    There was nothing activated.
    But they still requiring me money for cancellation.

This is from their email.

contract termination fees equal to three months service will be applied as per
    Terms and Conditions,

Now this company sent me an invoice and total due amount is 225euro.
    Even though they admit that they failed to deliver the service.
    They are talking about their terms and policies.
    But there's nothing serviced on which their terms and policies can be applied.
    From the first day it's not working.
    I didn't use their service coz it's not installed or activated at all.

Lots of companies sending someone when they install something.
    The reason is that they want to confirm if it's working.
    But digiweb's case it's self installation.
    That's why they don't charge installation fee.
    But you could have this kind of situation.

They said that they could fix it.
    If you want to fix something there shoud be something working.
    It was not working so there's nothing to fix actually.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

First thing is first

Ring your bank to reverse the charge,notify Digiweb via registered letter.

Comreg.ie / National Consumer Agency would be your next course of action.

Digiweb termination account policy

6. TERMINATION. (a) If Subscriber is dissatisfied with the Service or any related terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices, and if
    these issues cannot be resolved through Digiweb’s Customer Complaints procedure Subscriber’s sole remedy is to discontinue using the Service,
    cancel the account, and pay any cancellation fees that apply. To cancel the Service Subscriber must send a written request for termination by mail or
    fax to DIGIWEB and same must be signed by an authorised representative of Subscriber to arrive not less than 5 working days before the end of the
    current billing term. Should Subscriber terminate this agreement during the initial term for any reason other than a failure by Digiweb to provide Internet
    Access service for a period in excess of 5 days, a cancellation fee equal to €121 including VAT will become immediately due (or the remaining value
    of the initial term contract for DSL Lite), and Subscriber acknowledges and agrees to pay such fee.
    (b) Upon cancellation or otherwise upon termination of this Agreement, related email and hosting services will be terminated and all Subscriber files
    stored on DIGIWEB servers may be deleted. DIGIWEB may terminate this Agreement, your password, your account, or your use of the Services for
    any reason, including, without limitation, if DIGIWEB, in its sole discretion, believes you have violated the Agreements or if Subscriber fails to pay any
    charges when due.
    (c) Sections 11, 20, 21, and 22 of this Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement.
    (d) DIGIWEB may terminate this agreement immediately if Subscriber is subject to bankruptcy, insolvency examinership, receivership, liquidation or
    any similar proceedings, or in DIGIWEB’s exclusive opinion is unable to pay fees due to DIGIWEB.

http://www.digiweb.ie/pdf/DIGIWEB_DSL_TermsCondtions_Oct08.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jinhee100

First thing is first

Ring your bank to reverse the charge,notify Digiweb via registered letter.

Comreg.ie / National Consumer Agency would be your next course of action.

Thanks for the advice.
    I just received an invoice.
    Today some woman ringed me from digiweb.
    And this woman tried to persuade me agreeing paying the money.
    At first it was 120euro I think.
    But I refused to agree and they sent me an invoice.

These are from the invoice.

Previous Balance Payments & Credits Current Charges Total Amount Due
    €0.00 €12.20 €55.08 €225.83

Does this mean I need to pay 225 + 55?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 jinhee100

From their condition:

Access service for a period in excess of 5 days, a cancellation fee equal to €121 including VAT will become immediately due

This one seems meaning 'if they can't fix it 5days after the installation'.

But on my side there's nothing serviced and installed.

They didn't activate phone line or didn't properly activate the phone line.
    At first they told me that I can't get their service coz there's already existing phone line from prev tenant.
    They told me that they can't cancel it and I need to cancel it.

So I asked Eircomm about the line.
    Eircomm told me it's vodafone line.
    And vodafone insisted it's their line.
    They even told me that if they cancel the line I can't get any broadband service.
    When I asked digiweb about this they told me they secured the line and it will be ok.

But it's not ok.
    And the last guy from digiweb mentioned vodafone line.
    Based on these fact I think it's actually a vodafone line.
    And digiweb didn't activate the line.

So there's nothing to fix.
    And they failed to deliver it 10 working days.
    When I think about the fact that they dispatched the modem after new year's day it's not possible for me to get their service
    in 10 working days.
    And they knew that.
    Otherwise they had to dispatch it at least last year.

Do I need to pay that cancellation fee still?

Advertisement