Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sig Query

Options
  • 12-01-2012 7:00pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

Given the new sig rules about linked images, I just wanted to clarify something.

For me personally, is it now ok to link to another forum I part own with an image? I did have it set up like that before but it was removed, and I'm wondering if the new change means it is now ok? There is no real mention of this in the sig rules, with the nearest thing being the referral link section. However, there will be no referral links in it, just a link to the homepage of the forum as in the text link I currently use.

I just thought I'd check as I don't want to get snipped again, and the rules don't seem to cover this area specifically. I appreciate any help given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Aye, the bit from the rules that was snipped afaiu was:
    Sigs may contain a simple text only link to other websites, including a business (i.e. www.mysite.com - no images), but a disguised link (i.e. Come buy really cheap electronics here, we're having a huge sale, come on down!) or an image banner to that site is not allowed.

As far as I read the sigrules with a fresh pair of eyes (as if I was reading them for the first time) I wouldn't think that imagelinks are a problem.

Go for it, as long as the image metrics are OK and you're not linking to a dodgy site obviously!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cheers Gordon, ta muchly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement