Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To my limits and beyond.....

• 12-01-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭

Going to do this to keep track on what i actually do exercise wise for 2012...

I don't have any fancy gadgets or the like slow legs and a watch for timing!

I have run 2x 5km races,finished both running albiet slowly.both were in Summer 2011
    25.32 really doubt the second one was accurate distance wise...

Aims for 2012
    Get Down to 13st 5lb stone, 15st 8lb ish
    5km 24.00
    10km 55.00

This will be boring and predictable........follow it if ya have nothing else to look at!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

11/01/12

4KM Winter Series race,finished in 21.06.
    I feel i ran well to do this as the last one before xmas i finished in 22.38 though my best was 22.08.
    I had also lost a few pound since then and seem to be running better

12/01/12

Nothing to day just some work on my roller,really do find this a great help

Had planned to try spinning on Friday but abaondoned that plan for a run Saturday morning...

So Saturday i went out to run for 40 ish minutes to build up my time on the road.I went off easy and kept it going easy though it was a bit odd really not having to drive on near the end.I reckoned it to be just over 4.2 miles(confirmed) though wont know till i drive it later!
    To finish my runs i have to go up a hill,not sure of the elevation but it is tasty,a nice end to a run.

Run / Jog
    Distance 4.2mi
    Duration 40:00
    Avg Pace 9:30min/mi
    568 kCal??

Plan for the week ahead is.......

Monday Meet and train session
    Tuesday Rest and light roll
    Wednesday 4k Winter series
    Thursday Rest and Roll
    Friday unsure......Any ideas???
    Saturday LSR,5 mile ish
    Sunday Rest and Roll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

For Friday, why not try some gentle speedwork to mix it up a bit and try to get a bit of speed in the legs. Even a fartlek run would be good. Try alternating between one minute hard (not flat out, think comfortably hard) with two minutes easy for a total of thirty minutes. As this gets easier try upping it to 3 mins hard/3 mins easy, 5 mins hard/5 mins easy. Will really help get your times down. Good Luck.

pconn062 wrote: »
    For Friday, why not try some gentle speedwork to mix it up a bit and try to get a bit of speed in the legs. Even a fartlek run would be good. Try alternating between one minute hard (not flat out, think comfortably hard) with two minutes easy for a total of thirty minutes. As this gets easier try upping it to 3 mins hard/3 mins easy, 5 mins hard/5 mins easy. Will really help get your times down. Good Luck.

On flat surface,yeah?Grass even?
    Should really get a grass run in as i am still quite heavy so it would help the jints a bit..

dahat wrote: »
    On flat surface,yeah?Grass even?
    Should really get a grass run in as i am still quite heavy so it would help the jints a bit..

Yes grass would be fine to start with, but as you get a bit more used to doing it and it becomes easier it would be good to try it on a route that has a few inclines and to run a few of the hard minutes on the inclines which will help build strength and fitness.

• Advertisement

Main road near me has a steady inlcine for roughly 1.4 miles,such a route might be ideal?quite easy to extend this as well plus easy to warm down coming home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good luck with the log Dahat. Any races targeted for your goal times?

shazkea wrote: »
    Good luck with the log Dahat. Any races targeted for your goal times?

First big goal is 10km on May 13th,locally so rather keen to get that one right.
    Nothing really after that just 5km locally i suppose...

dahat wrote: »
    Main road near me has a steady inlcine for roughly 1.4 miles,such a route might be ideal?quite easy to extend this as well plus easy to warm down coming home.

Yeah that sounds perfect!

Monday

Meet and train session organised by the local athletic club.
    Session went as.....

10 min warm up,stretch
    3 X 800 with 50 m recovery,went pretty quick though not so quick that i could not keep into it,settled in the second lot of 5,pretty happy with it tbh..
    Warm down then and delighted with it.

Tuesday

Just off the roller(wavvin pipe),couple of tight spots in left quad but nothing major..
    Some stretching after that and thats it for today...

• Advertisement

Wednesday

This the the 4k night,great night for night,calm with just a little bite in the air.
    Last week i went around in 21.06 so i was hoping to better that slightly this week and i did.
    I went around in 20.34,bloody chuffed with that i tell ya.Did start to falter at one point but one of the other lads at our Monday night meet and train dragged me on and i got going again to finish well...Really pleased at how the last 2 of these have gone.4 more left so just maybe i might break 20 mins!!!!

Thursday/Friday

Quite days with some light rolling thursday and a good lash at it tonight,felt pretty wiped after a good efort Wednesday so decided to have 2 days of rest.

Tomorrow is my LSR...going to step to 5 miles,same pace as last Saturday,9.30-10.00...

Saturday
    4.51mi
    Distance
    44:00
    Duration
    9:44min/mi
    Avg Pace
    kCal

Had thought this was 5 mile till i used mapmyrun,still it is an increase from 4.2 to 4.5 over last weeks Long run.
    Felt pretty good after it and could have gone further but using common sense and doing this right...

Monday

Meet and train session,we did 4 x 600 with 200 metres recovery at 7.30 pace which is pretty quick for me.
    First 2 went good,3rd was pretty hard and the last one was awful,got through the session though and glad i put the effort in.
    Pretty tired and drained today for some reason though.I was up at 5.30 that morning and worked till2,had a dinner at 6 but still felt sluggish and flat.

Tuesday

Rest today with some time on the roller.

Advertisement