Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Padi versus CFT

• 12-01-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

its that time off year again have to decide if to join cft club or not...have to decide which is the best option padi or cft i know cft works our cheaper but my god the politics can just drive you mad...anyone have any ideas or experience with either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Er what politics? I guess it depends on the club. No complaints about mine and a girl I know from another club says the same about hers.

If you want to stay away from CFT, I believe there is a Padi like club around S. Dublin. Do you have your own equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭moonfish

ya have all my own gear alright will probably stay with cft alright padi is far to expensive what club are you with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

I'm with Dive Inn in clongriffin North Dublin. PADI, no membership fees. Cheap and cheerful regular trips, good instructors, no politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

moonfish wrote: »
    ya have all my own gear alright will probably stay with cft alright padi is far to expensive what club are you with

Having your own stuff would make it cheap enough no matter what you choose.
    I'm in Kish Sac S. Dub, although BigDuffman's sounds nice too. Like with anything, do what would get you out there the most.

hey big duffman how do i get a hold of dive inn i cant find them on the net

• Advertisement

does anyone know which padi centre has the best rates for boat dives

• Registered Users Posts: 28 spiderpig101

hey big duffman how do i get a hold of dive inn i cant find them on the net

http://www.diveinnscuba.com/ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Worst website ever but I can vouch for Joe and Audrey. Very good school and reasonable prices as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 spiderpig101

I'd go PADI but I'm a DM so I would say that. I seen terrible divers trained by both. While most places recognise CFT and BSAC some don't. Everywhere accepts PADI pretty much. If you'r willing to travel I'd recommend http://www.scubadivewest.com/index.php every time, good diving, training and viz depending on the day :eek: I did the majority of my training with them ;)

was in contact with dive inn they sounded good alright so might check them out
    like the idea of going and coming as i please without any commitment

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

was in contact with dive inn they sounded good alright so might check them out
    like the idea of going and coming as i please without any commitment

You can contact a few PADI clubs and get their weekly e-mail or calendar of events and then plan your season around whatever you're interested in. You are not obliged to only dive with one club in a year.

I have dived with Dive Inn and Ocean Divers aswell as one offs with other divecentres around the country. All were quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Catmologen wrote: »
    Worst website ever but I can vouch for Joe and Audrey. Very good school and reasonable prices as well.

+1 don't let the sh!te site put you off. I Have nothing but good things to say about the centre and I've dived in most of the other centres around Dublin.

my god that website is brutal but i will take up your recommadations and check them out

Advertisement