Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality food home delivery in Galway

Options
  • 12-01-2012 8:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭

So, Asian Tea House is no longer doing home deliveries.. :( I ordered from Tamarind once and was very disappointed with both quality and price.

Could anybody suggest where to order good quality food with no risk?
    Any kind of food - Asian, Italian or whatever, just so it's it's fresh and well cooked.

I loved Asian Tea House - it was always great, fresh and tasty and I never discovered any other restaurant as good and doing home orders.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

Wow, thanks everyone for great suggestions. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Da Tang Noodle House is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Meh to Da Tang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Meh to Da Tang.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Hmmm.. not really to be honest, I've gotten dishes that I love fresh in restaurants that were really wilted looking when delivered.

I'd love to hear anyone's recommendations, willing to pay a little more for quality.

• Advertisement

I've gotten dishes that I love fresh in restaurants that were really wilted looking when delivered.

Yes, but with asian tea house food beeing so good it didnt matter it wasnt that nice as in restaurant. I don't usually like eating in public, that's why would love to find a place with good ( I mean really quality) food which would provide home delivery service.
    Still hope somebody out there knows one! ;)

-Kashmir, Kumars, Wa Cafe - any good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Oriental Palace in Knocknacarra don't have MSG additives in their food and they deliver.

ErnieBert wrote: »
    don't have MSG additives in their food and they deliver.

-thats not good enough for the reason! How is the food?Super fresh and doesnt smell of months old oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Emperor City is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

When did Asian Tea House stop? Was it really recently?
    You can get most stuff via just eat or feed me.ie Maybe they will deliver that way now.

King Ding in Rahoon and Paprika in Salthill have been good recently

Kumars - have had too many bad experiences with them

WA cafe good, but too spendy for delivery for what it is (6 euro or something like that delivery from them with one of the online sites!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Ficheall wrote: »
    Emperor City is decent.

Your having a laugh right?

inisboffin wrote: »
    When did Asian Tea House stop? Was it really recently?

I called them some time before Christmas, begining of December maybe and was told they dont do it any more - I was very very very VERY disappointed! :(
    (dreaming before about their duck) wine and candles waiting and such a disaster! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I would avoid Kashmir, got it during the week and its a pale imitation of the Tulsi and also far dearer. Chicken tasted like rubber, sauces were almost indistinguishable from each othere(rogan josh and madras). Bread was soft and rubbery too. Think Tulsi only deliver to regular customers but might be wrong. If you could do pick up then thats the best Indian bar none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

yeah tulsi do deliver to regulars. eastern tandoori now deliver which seems to go up and down with the quality of their food but at the moment its really good and currently my go to place over tulsi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭squonk

I've found China Garden in Wellpark to be pretty good. The food seems a notch above the usual chinese stuff and it's slightly more expensive but worth it. After that you're into the bigger money for Tamarind etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Kumar for Indian.

Do KC Blake's (Knocknacarra) do deliveries I wonder?

squonk wrote: »
    After that you're into the bigger money for Tamarind etc.

Hmmm, if Tamarind is after that I doubt I'd like it.. as I said before I was very disappointed with tamarind and it wasnt money well spend - if I could choose I would take 50€ to dunnes or tesco and cook great dinner with this money myself.
    I guess I am fussy when it comes to food (maybe not fussy, but if I am to pay - not cook myself it has to be top class)

Asian Tea House, please bring home deliveries back! :D

It's strange that its so hard to find good quality fresh and good food in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

surime wrote: »
    Hmmm, if Tamarind is after that I doubt I'd like it.. as I said before I was very disappointed with tamarind and it wasnt money well spend - if I could choose I would take 50€ to dunnes or tesco and cook great dinner with this money myself.

I'm not really sure if by "If I could choose I would take €50 to Dunnes or tesco" that you mean you can't get there atm for whatever reason, but if you can't Tesco grocery delivery service is fantastic and Supervalu and Joyces also deliver groceries for free same day if you ring them with a list.

As regards take away I've had universally disappointing experiences so far. About the best was one day we ordered from Supermacs!Hard times in the Galway take away business. :)

I'm not really sure if by "If I could choose I would take €50 to Dunnes or tesco" that you mean you can't get there atm for whatever reason, but if you can't Tesco grocery delivery service is fantastic and Supervalu and Joyces also deliver groceries for free same day if you ring them with a list.

Heh, no I just mean if I knew the food was going to be crap I would just go shop and make my own dinner (plus I would have bottle of wine or two) ;)
    My experiences were mostly disasters too, even so loved by everyone pizza bianconi (or something like that) was a bad experience.. so I was delighted with asian tea house, their food is really superb.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

yeah tulsi do deliver to regulars. eastern tandoori now deliver which seems to go up and down with the quality of their food but at the moment its really good and currently my go to place over tulsi

Yeah, it's under new management (well for 2/3mths now) and after a wobbly start they've really brought their standards back up. Definitely my preferred indian restaurant again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Oran Indian (previously Tasma) in Oranmore is definitely worth a try, consistently good quality Indian food but I don't know where they deliver to.

Any new ideas? ;)

Oran Indian (previously Tasma) in Oranmore is definitely worth a try, consistently good quality Indian food but I don't know where they deliver to.

I was trying to find their website, but no luck. Is there any?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭jassha

Never been disappointed with Royal Villa salthill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

you can now order the tulsi through Whats For Dinner? There Just waiting on there new online ordering website to put it live but should be live within the next 2 weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

Asian tea house should also be on Whats For Dinner? new online ordering website is well. Not official as of yet but talks are ongoing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Oriental Palace in Knocknacarra don't have MSG additives in their food and they deliver.

But that's what makes it taste so good...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I still think, after extensive trial and error, that the Royal Villa is Galway's best chinese. They have online delivery built in to their website.

Top tip: Have with Tesco combo chinese appetisers (in their fridge section; freezable). They are better than any tired fried appetiser from a takeaway that are limp by the time they get to you. These come straight out of the oven and come with a really nice sauce.

squonk wrote: »
    I've found China Garden in Wellpark to be pretty good. The food seems a notch above the usual chinese stuff and it's slightly more expensive but worth it. After that you're into the bigger money for Tamarind etc.

China Garden- nice surprise, I liked their food much more than from Tamarind!
    If Asian Tea house is 10 -they are 8.5, close to 9, at least what I've ordered last time!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For good quality food you probably shouldn't go Chinese.
    Get sushi delivered from Wa Cafe.
    Or chicken and rice without lots of sauce from an Indian.

Ring www.mixtgreens.ie, they might deliver.

Advertisement