Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good quality food home delivery in Galway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

biko wrote: »
    For good quality food you probably shouldn't go Chinese.
    Get sushi delivered from Wa Cafe.
    Or chicken and rice without lots of sauce from an Indian.

Ring www.mixtgreens.ie, they might deliver.

What times are mixtgreens open? have been meaning to try it and amn't in that part of town very often.
    No times on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't know but I've been there early evenings and they were open.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shill posts removed.
    Starting an account on boards to promote a business is not allowed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

So.. :) any of the OLD boards members have tried food from Olive's restaurant?
    Any info appreciated.
    -and why on earth they are called "olive's"? Are there any olives at all in Thai/Chinese cooking?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

tried it few nights ago have to give this place top notch ratings. staff was lovely, portion size was fairly big and most importantly food was lovely. will def be going back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kaps

They are olives i guess for the colour of the walls and they give olives on every table

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

tried it few nights ago have to give this place top notch ratings. staff was lovely, portion size was fairly big and most importantly food was lovely. will def be going back
    I assume you didnt try dish number 193 then????!!!!!!!

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-olivessalthill/menu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

I assume you didnt try dish number 193 then????!!!!!!!

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-olivessalthill/menu

lol no didnt try that, had the cheese cake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Tried Olives the first night it opened, had the chicken pad thai and it was really really good, very tasty. Thai Garden still does the best Thai food IMO

Really big portion sizes too even if a tad expensive for takeaway.
    Thumbs up from me though!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Looks like a good menu. Tried to streetview them on the map and it pins them at supermacs. Are they new and in that area?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

newkie wrote: »

Looks like a good menu. Tried to streetview them on the map and it pins them at supermacs. Are they new and in that area?

Yeah they're between Londis and Supermacs. Tried their chicken burger and wedges, was v nice. Also has some carrot and coconut soup, tasty. Strange that they serve in paper dishes and bowls and plastic cutlery, cheapens it a bit. Also they're expensive for somewhere that's well located for student traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pennyw

magentas wrote: »
    Tried Olives the first night it opened, had the chicken pad thai and it was really really good, very tasty. Thai Garden still does the best Thai food IMO

Really big portion sizes too even if a tad expensive for takeaway.
    Thumbs up from me though!:)

Got a take away there on one of the first nights it opened. expensive and found it all too sweet. plum sauce was fushia pink...seriously! dont think i'll be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Pennyw wrote: »
    Got a take away there on one of the first nights it opened. expensive and found it all too sweet. plum sauce was fushia pink...seriously! dont think i'll be going back.

We found quite the opposite! In fact we've nearly ordered too much from them because we liked the first one so much.

Haven't had loads of different dishes, but their veggie pad thai is the best I've had in Galway, and possible Ireland! Big praise here.

Their meat dishes are a few euro more in price than the veggie, but the latter are around 11 or 12 and are huge.

I tired Olives last weekend... little bit disappointed unfortunately.

Soup was very nice and Thai curry as well, but they mixed up "spiciness" level of the two dishes... and salad with prawns looked bit tired, also they forgot to deliver dried chutney with starter :

"Pan fried goat cheese & potato cakes served with sundried tomato chutney"
    -there was no chutney!
    - no plum sauce with duck spring rolls also!

For the money they charge, everything should be absolutely extra fresh and perfect..
    China garden is half price of what we paid and food is not worse to be honest (also they send fresh and nice prawn crackers and what prawn crackers we got from Olives was a joke!) so no more Olives..

Main dishes were nice, but thats not enough to pay that much.

For good quality food you probably shouldn't go Chinese.

Why? Chinese can also be very good quality, but what I am looking for exactly is Thai - still haven't found unfortunately. Asian Tea House was the best and China Garden is really fine for the price, Olives not really unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

surime wrote: »
    Why? Chinese can also be very good quality, but what I am looking for exactly is Thai - still haven't found unfortunately. Asian Tea House was the best and China Garden is really fine for the price, Olives not really unfortunately.
    Have you tried Thai Garden? I've never been dissappointed with a meal there

magentas wrote: »
    Have you tried Thai Garden? I've never been dissappointed with a meal there

No, I haven't. They do home deliveries?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

I wish kebabs weren't such an obscene rip off in Galway. Charcoal Grill charge €9.50 for a doner (no chips or drink). That's nearly £8 sterling... I've paid £4 in the middle of f***ing London!

Charcoal Grill charge €9.50 for a doner (no chips or drink). That's nearly £8 sterling... I've paid £4 in the middle of f***ing London!

It's €7.40 for a doner kebab in Charcoal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

J o e wrote: »

No it's not:http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-charcoalgrill/menu.
    That's not even including the ridiculoud 4 euro delivery charge :eek:

• Advertisement

Just Eat add extra onto the prices and charge for delivery.

Better off ordering directly, cheaper prices and €2.50 delivery.

I wish kebabs weren't such an obscene rip off in Galway. Charcoal Grill charge €9.50 for a doner (no chips or drink). That's nearly £8 sterling... I've paid £4 in the middle of f***ing London!
    Talking out of your rear there, only €7 in Capital and thats with homemade bread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Talking out of your rear there, only €7 in Capital and thats with homemade bread.
    Sorry, when I said Charcoal Grill I meant Charcoal Grill.

Sorry, when I said Charcoal Grill I meant Charcoal Grill.
    Oh right, well by that logic when you said Galway you meant all of Galway which includes Eglinton St where coincidentally Capital Kebab is.

Advertisement