Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The chinese will no longer be multipling :(

Options
  • 12-01-2012 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

www.worldoftanks.eu/news/947-type-59-game-store-removal/

"Commanders,
    We will soon be updating the World of Tanks in-game store. As of January 16, 2012, the Type 59 premium tank will be removed from the in-game store after the server restart which will take place at 5:00-5:30 GMT. While the tank will not be available for purchase, all existing Type 59 owners will keep their tank intact.
    This decision has been made to ensure a healthy gameplay balance at higher tiers, and also to
    encourage a wider variety of tier 8 medium tank
    usage. Should the T59 become available again through special events in future, we will make sure to announce such events ahead of time. "

My guess is we're going to be seeing a new premium medium , first they nerf the tier spread then take it from the shop , !

What do you make of this ? Happy there wont be any extra types ?

I don't see it having any affect on the game its not as if everybody is going to stop using their main money maker , Its all down to the stupid "types are OP" threads on the forums , bad move by war gamimg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

No more mediums for a while I'd guess, they stated arty and TD are coming and we still have 2 heavies in the list.

I honestly think it is the simple fact people prefer mediums over heavy and hence bought more T59s over Löwe etc. (remember Löwe also got a price increase to counter it's popularity). I considered buying one but from I'm seeing everyone earn about the same as I do in my Löwe and as I suck as a medium tank it don't make sense for me to buy one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭WilliStrangle

Can't wait for arty.
    I will be getting sturmtiger :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can't wait for arty.
    I will be getting sturmtiger :)

Much as I love freak tanks like the Sturmtiger, I don't see how they can balance something that fires a 385mm, 350kg shell about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Spear wrote: »
    Much as I love freak tanks like the Sturmtiger, I don't see how they can balance something that fires a 385mm, 350kg shell about the place.

55 second reload, and an inability to directly hit anything lol

Spear wrote: »

55 second reload, and an inability to directly hit anything lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

This is a bad move by wargaming. Yes there are all the morons complaining type is OP but all they've done is stop new players getting one there still going to be called OP and people are going to complain because they can't get one.

Personally it's a money making scheme same as the announcement of the Lowe price going up. How many players who've been unsure whether to buy one are now going to?

Anyway looking forward to see what TD prems come out. The Tier8 JagdTiger variant was already mentioned. Premium arty is sure to make shed loads of creds for those who can play arty well. It'll be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

I think it will be relative , I cant see them making it possible to make 100k in a arty (generally no repair costs) .at present on a good game with the 261 I can maybe get about 50-60k , the big thing on the arty is every 2nd game could in theory be a city map which will vastly reduce the credit making ability

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    I think it will be relative , I cant see them making it possible to make 100k in a arty (generally no repair costs) .at present on a good game with the 261 I can maybe get about 50-60k , the big thing on the arty is every 2nd game could in theory be a city map which will vastly reduce the credit making ability
    Well I've done 60k on a 212 in profit (rare but doable) and keep in mind normal tanks are 0.75 multiplier and premium gold once (so far) are 1.25 so 100k would be doable.

Having said that Arty are far to map dependant (and team dependant) to get a consistent good income that short of a T7 arty (or even T8) with very cheap ammo / high RoF & accuracy I don't see it being a big success (as noted citi maps, all quick mediums coming in, arty tracers etc. all make it an issue).

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Nody wrote: »
    Well I've done 60k on a 212 in profit (rare but doable) and keep in mind normal tanks are 0.75 multiplier and premium gold once (so far) are 1.25 so 100k would be doable.

Having said that Arty are far to map dependant (and team dependant) to get a consistent good income that short of a T7 arty (or even T8) with very cheap ammo / high RoF & accuracy I don't see it being a big success (as noted citi maps, all quick mediums coming in, arty tracers etc. all make it an issue).

I'll always remember my first couple of games in my Type E when I first got it. The crazy 19 arty game, but the next 3 games I earned 70-80k profit, and 1 shotted 2 T30's.

Since then, I don't think I've earned as much in a round apart from maybe once.

Arty is not a great money maker past Tier 6 - sure, you can have the odd great round, but the premium tanks are where its at, when you can easily do 60k profit 70% of the time, 70k profit + 20% of the time, and the other 10% is for crap rounds.

If anything, I'd say WG are trying to get a buying frenzy for the Type 59 for the next week before they pull it, and it also makes them seem like they're 'listening to the community'.

My main worry is that this is going to be followed by another Type 59 nerf.

Advertisement