Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

google , I almost forgot..........

• 12-01-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

they own us don't they :D

I need to update the Google Account login of my existing account
    To update your Google Account login, please follow these steps:
    1. Sign in to your account.
    2. On the Home tab, visit the Account settings page.
    3. In the Personal settings section, click "Edit password in Google Accounts". Then follow the guided process to update your login. Please be aware that if your Google Account is a Gmail address, you will not be able to change it. We're sorry for any inconvenience.
    4. ********************
    Sometimes I dream of a better world where Google because they are such a huge part of our lives, become human and kind and give us choices and options. Options are nice and friendly:pac:

they'll be attaching our blood type to the accounts next lol:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

So just don't use a gmail account :)

part of the problem with the anonymous web is the huge amount of spam it allowss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

link8r wrote: »
    So just don't use a gmail account :)

wish I gad a pound for every time I heard that lol:D.

the roads are very dirty these days, hate driving on them.
    ....gone on say it, "don't use them then:D. If only it was as easy as that.:pac:

well, what is the actual issue then?

Posted many times about this...

short version. huhes global companies, can't do without them now but demands by them way over the top etc etc,. government watchdogs need now........

Posted many times about this...

short version. huhes global companies, can't do without them now but demands by them way over the top etc etc,. government watchdogs need now........

oh. conspiracy much?

• Advertisement

link8r wrote: »
    oh. conspiracy much?

I have zero interest in conspiracy stuff.
    these huge companies which we can't do with out now (unless you choose to live in a tent up on a hill and just pop down for groceries every week), just want way too much unnecessary info and to connect you to everything else on the planet with giving you the option.
    Brave new world. No going back now I suppose. sighs!.
    I'm still holding out, not on face book yet . no doubt they'll get me soon lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

these huge companies which we can't do with out now (unless you choose to live in a tent up on a hill and just pop down for groceries every week), just want way too much unnecessary info and to connect you to everything else on the planet with giving you the option.

Well over 20% of Irish people have never used the Internet, so how do they survive?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Don't forget these are the same huge companies who give us:

-free email
    -free VOIP/phone calls
    -free word-processing and collaboration tools
    -free maps, road directions, satellite imagery
    -free photo storage
    -free translation tools

to name just a few. And funding all of this through advertising mainly (where we get to see relevant, targeted and generally useful ads, which in turn keep the wheels turning for hundreds of thousands of businesses across the globe at an advertising cost which is a fraction of what they would have to have used in the past (newspapers, radio, TV etc).

Chet Zar wrote: »
    Don't forget these are the same huge companies who give us:

-free email
    -free VOIP/phone calls
    -free word-processing and collaboration tools
    -free maps, road directions, satellite imagery
    -free photo storage
    -free translation tools

to name just a few. And funding all of this through advertising mainly (where we get to see relevant, targeted and generally useful ads, which in turn keep the wheels turning for hundreds of thousands of businesses across the globe at an advertising cost which is a fraction of what they would have to have used in the past (newspapers, radio, TV etc).

I know, its marvelous. Thats what I've been saying all along. Its hard to do without it now. However, they can (and have done in the past) do all of that without linking my email account and without my Mobile phone number.

Advertisement