Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone broke 3 times what are my rights ?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

ok so heres the story i got a nokia c3 in august and since then it has broken 4 time i sent it for repair 3 times and now its broken again. i went into the vodafone shop in new ross and they told me that they could only send it for repair again so i asked was i entitled to a refund and i was told i only had 30 days for that. im wanting to find out what the story is with this because at the time i payed €100 for the phone and it has broken 4 times.
    thanks for reading,
    Brendan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ok so heres the story i got a nokia c3 in august and since then it has broken 4 time i sent it for repair 3 times and now its broken again. i went into the vodafone shop in new ross and they told me that they could only send it for repair again so i asked was i entitled to a refund and i was told i only had 30 days for that. im wanting to find out what the story is with this because at the time i payed €100 for the phone and it has broken 4 times.
    thanks for reading,
    Brendan
    Your statutory rights entitle you to a repair replacement or refund if the phone is faulty and is not damaged by the customer, this is your legal right. the policy of three repairs before a replacement or refund is a shop policy.

You should usually accept a repair as it would be reasonable to do so but any repair should be permanent and should not unduly affect the value of your purchase.

Tell the shop(preferably in a letter) that you refuse any further repairs and that you claim another form of redress in the form of a refund, you don't accept a replacement as after three repairs which failed you no longer have confidence in this product or in their ability to provide repairs or after sales care.

One other thing, when they tell you there is nothing more they can do don't lose heart because your next step is a formal letter to them outlining the situation and requesting a refund on the above grounds, after this you should go to your nearest courthouse office and ask for small claims forms to fill out and you can take the shop to court. The small claim only costs €15 and the court clerk should explain to you what you need to do and what information you need to bring your case.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

+1

PS: You can also download the Small Claims Court application form online

Advertisement