Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malt loaf recipe

Options
  • 12-01-2012 8:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone have a tried and tested malt loaf recipe. My little boy loves the Soreen malt loaf, but can't seem to get it here anymore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I've made this one from BBC good food, much nicer than shop bought IMO. You do need to soak your fruit overnight first, and toss them lightly in flour otherwise it will sink, but its a really nice recipe. It calls for Malt extract, which you can get in health food stores or some chemists, but very simple and easy to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

does anyone know of a recipe that doesn't have fruit in it. i love malt loaf but can't stand dried fruit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Just take the fruit out. The overall size of the loaf will be a little smaller but it's not an essential ingredient.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

shinikins wrote: »
    I've made this one from BBC good food, much nicer than shop bought IMO. You do need to soak your fruit overnight first, and toss them lightly in flour otherwise it will sink, but its a really nice recipe. It calls for Malt extract, which you can get in health food stores or some chemists, but very simple and easy to make.

that looks fab, will get the malt extract this afternoon and get baking:D

Advertisement