Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap beer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

ninja900 wrote: »
    Great offer. Odd though how Lidl only ever have it in bottles, Dunnes have cans, Molloy's do both!

Something nicer about bottles.... And the price ain't bad either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

pa990 wrote: »
    Something nicer about bottles....

It's funny to have Lidl only doing bottles for a beer that's usually in cans elsewhere, and matching or beating the price for cans.
    Bottles have higher transport costs etc.. and often a beer that is seeking a premium image (and price) is only available in bottles here, but will be in cans in its home country! e.g. several Czech beers

You'd need to do a blind taste test on the bottle vs. can thing, something tells me it wouldn't stand up! but if you prefer bottles, fine, I find them a hassle as they have to be carted back to the bottle bank instead of just put in the green bin.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

ninja900 wrote: »
    It's funny to have Lidl only doing bottles for a beer that's usually in cans elsewhere, and matching or beating the price for cans.
    Bottles have higher transport costs etc.. and often a beer that is seeking a premium image (and price) is only available in bottles here, but will be in cans in its home country! e.g. several Czech beers

You'd need to do a blind taste test on the bottle vs. can thing, something tells me it wouldn't stand up! but if you prefer bottles, fine, I find them a hassle as they have to be carted back to the bottle bank instead of just put in the green bin.

I generally drink canned beer(larger/pils) in a glass, and bottles beer straight from the bottle.
    Belgians etc must be in its correct type of glass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I bought Saint Etienne 5% in Aldi for 99c a can , belgian beer much like stella, good tack, after about 5 though you can really feel the alch, best to take your time with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

24 cans of Guinness 24euro dunnes Drogheda snap them up while ya can lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement