Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good gym in Letterkenny.

• 12-01-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone im new to all this so bare with me im currently working in Lk i was thinking of getting a gym membership. I have never gone to the gym but i have a few goals become fit (cardio) and bulk up I would like somewhere that would do an exercise plan etc any help would be appriecated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭madalig12

Don't join a gym and waste 400e if you don't keep it up, go down the community centre and join some of their courses, there is a boxing one, google their webpage!! They have gym equipment too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

The gym warehouse is highly rated amongst some on here its €3 per session or €20 per month. If you only plan on going weekly i'd go for the warehouse option. But if you plan on going every day i'd look into Energise they have fairly good personal training staff in there from what I hear, they'd be great for what your looking for they have a huge weights room, along side the gym. They recently held a round of the Irish strongman comp too if I remember correctly.

We, people from boards, play football too every Tuesday night at 8 in letterkenny, been going most of last year, starting back next week after the festive break, feel free to drop your name down in the sign up thread your more than welcome to join us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 johnc284

The gym warehouse is highly rated amongst some on here its €3 per session or €20 per month. If you only plan on going weekly i'd go for the warehouse option. But if you plan on going every day i'd look into Energise they have fairly good personal training staff in there from what I hear, they'd be great for what your looking for they have a huge weights room, along side the gym. They recently held a round of the Irish strongman comp too if I remember correctly.

We, people from boards, play football too every Tuesday night at 8 in letterkenny, been going most of last year, starting back next week after the festive break, feel free to drop your name down in the sign up thread your more than welcome to join us :)
    Thanks for the offer for soccer but im way too unfit for it plus not terrible good! I think ill try Energise seems like wot im looking for at the start & its just across the road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭nikinova

I'm a member of Aura, and have a student rate which works out at around 23 euro a month. I go to the gym classes 3/4 times a week which are great as the groups are small and also a great way to meet new people.

As part of the gym membership you can use the gym, swimming pool, all classes, the track, steam room and sauna.

Staff are really friendly and so helpful, I can't recommend the place enough...

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Satanta

In my opinion the best gym in town is the Community Centre. I have been arround them all and always go back there. Warehouse is the cheapest and quite good too. However the community ctr is offering 4 months for 90 euro at the mo which is competitive considering classes are also included. It's got better equipment than Energie. They will also be able to do you a plan.

If you do end up going to Energie, ask for Mick to do your induction and plan. You should also Google 'starting strength'. It's a good 12 week beginners program.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

johnc284 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer for soccer but im way too unfit for it plus not terrible good! I think ill try Energise seems like wot im looking for at the start & its just across the road.
    You sound perfect for our soccer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Oranbhoy is 100% right, judging by what you've said above you will look like Messi playing with us :D

We don't take it too serious, its a bit of a kickabout just with lots of running in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

madalig12 wrote: »
    Don't join a gym and waste 400e if you don't keep it up, go down the community centre and join some of their courses, there is a boxing one, google their webpage!! They have gym equipment too.

Anyone know what the story with the community centre is......i sent them an email last Monday but as yet have still not got a reply.

Advertisement