Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi Halogen Oven - Sunday Next €39.99

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Your problem stemmed from contacting the service centre, you need to upskill your consumer rights, your contract was with Aldi not the service centre, you should stand your ground in the store. I had this a few years back with a PC over two years into warranty and the card reader failed, I had my receipt and brought back to store, was told countless times by the manager he would not entertain anything and that I would have to contact the service centre, I politely refused and listed my consumer rights, then asked to speak to head office on their phone in store, 5 minutes later walked out with 100% cash refund.
    EDIT I told them I would not accept dealing with their service centre and said I wanted a replacement (they had none) and then said I'll see them in the Small Claims Court.

Small Claims Court is the best thing ever, places just fold when you mention it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

IMO. 2 years was a good innings far a halogen oven, and very good value considering the price you paid for it originally. What you get out of them depends on the amount of usage it is given. I've just spent over 99 euro on a James oven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Eyepatch wrote: »
    IMO. 2 years was a good innings far a halogen oven, and very good value considering the price you paid for it originally. What you get out of them depends on the amount of usage it is given. I've just spent over 99 euro on a James oven.

That is irrelevant as the guarantee/warranty was 3 years.

I understand, Johnboy. Nevertheless. if they put a three year guaranteee on their oven, that is their loss, I'd say. I'm on my third oven and none of them have lasted 3 years.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    I understand, Johnboy. Nevertheless. if they put a three year guaranteee on their oven, that is their loss, I'd say. I'm on my third oven and none of them have lasted 3 years.

Hopefully you returned the faulty devices under the warranty ..... that is what it is for after all ;)

So, yes their loss.

I don't remember getting any three year warranty on any of them, and wouldn't expect it. As I say, IMO, a lot depends on the usage they're given. Cheers - and Happy New year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This is back in Aldi on Sunday 11th Jan, €35. Seems a slightly different model to what I remember before. I'm v.happy with mine, have only used the regular oven once since I bought the halogen

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-11-january/

Looks like very good value. I'm noticing the free three-year warranty! We'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jai99

i brought a halogen oven october 2013 and it stopped working 2 months
    before.i contacted aldi store and they said to call customer service number in
    the warrenty card.i rang them and they said they will send a form to fill and send back
    oven,warrenty card,bill and filled form by post. i dont get any form so far.today i rang
    again after waiting 1.5 months.They said that they never recieved my call before
    and say the same steps to follow.they said they will refund postal charges
    and postal charge is min 30 euro for 45 euro oven. how can i trust them?
    will i loss my postal charge also? what is best thing can i do?
    is aldis 3 year warrenty is a scam?

I would bring it back to the store, demand they take it back under warranty and issue a replacement.
    I would be certain to get a receipt for the broken device.

• Advertisement

I would bring it back to the store, demand they take it back under warranty and issue a replacement.
    I would be certain to get a receipt for the broken device.

+1, your contract is with Aldi not any support centre, also look up and brief yourself on the Small Claims Court and be prepared to use it if the staff do not comply with your basic consumer rights of refund/replace/repair

Interesting to see how this pans out! Most guarantees for small items such as kettles etc are for one year at the most. A kettle IMO, has a better chance of outlasting the guarantee than a halogen oven. I do like the halogen ovens and would buy another after the one I've just bought, gives up. I think I am realistic if I don't expect it to last for three years - not with the amount of uses I put it to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah I use mine 4-5 times per week so I'd be shocked to get three years out of it. Still though thats what the warranty is for so I expect them to honour it if it does break down in that period

• Registered Users Posts: 5 edsb

Nice oven but remember if it goes wrong Aldi dont want to know and the third party that do the servicing are really really bad - it took them 3 months to process the issue and then they docked me 66% of what I paid - to me that NOT honoring the guarantee.

Be warned !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Go in the shop and refuse to do any of that, demand a refund or a replacement from the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jai99

edsb wrote: »
    Nice oven but remember if it goes wrong Aldi dont want to know and the third party that do the servicing are really really bad - it took them 3 months to process the issue and then they docked me 66% of what I paid - to me that NOT honoring the guarantee.

Be warned !!!

did u send the appliance to uk (to warrenty people)or only the warrenty paper. did u got the courier charge refunded if u send appliances.

Thargor wrote: »
    Go in the shop and refuse to do any of that, demand a refund or a replacement from the manager.

100%, did you purchase the oven from some crowd in the UK? No, so why entertain bringing them into it, your contract of sale was with Aldi, Aldi need to provide direct support to uphold your statutory rights of a product fit for purpose, stand your ground and politely look for refund/replacement or repair else just mention the small claims court if they start giving you hassle, end of...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

slave1 wrote: »
    100%, did you purchase the oven from some crowd in the UK? No, so why entertain bringing them into it, your contract of sale was with Aldi, Aldi need to provide direct support to uphold your statutory rights of a product fit for purpose, stand your ground and politely look for refund/replacement or repair else just mention the small claims court if they start giving you hassle, end of...

When buying my oven I asked them if I needed to return it, would I be expected to return it to the UK and they told me that if I still had the receipt I could return it to the store and they would organise the sending back of the product.

I don't know if they were lying to me or not, but that's what I was told.

Advertisement