Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beginner advice

Options
  • 12-01-2012 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

hi,

i am looking for lessons in the dublin area, i used to ride all the time when i was younger and was pretty good but then i had a very bad fall and it has taken me 10 years to get back on a horse.

i have done a trail ride and a beginner lesson in the past few days to get some confidence back and would like to have some regular lessons now.

i also would like advice on helmets/body protectors as i would prefer to have my own protective things.

thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Hi there,

Firstly, congratulations on getting back into riding! I was very sick for several years and couldn't ride at all, I'm back riding for the last few months now that I'm a bit better and it's the best thing I've done in years! Best of luck building confidence after having a bad experience all those years ago!

I ride at Thornton Park and really recommend it. I'm afraid I don't have experience of other yards in Dublin because after one lesson at TP I felt that I'd struggle to find better so never left! They have lovely, well cared for and well schooled horses and ponies, excellent instructors and great facilities. You can have a look at www.thorntonpark.ie and no, I don't work for them, just a happy customer ;)

I would recommend going to a good saddlers to be fitted properly for a body protector and helmet. I went for a Reiver Elite body protector and a Champion junior pro lite hat and am very happy with both. They are pricey enough though, just over €200 for them both, but a good investment.

Best of luck getting sorted with a good school and some new equipment, enjoy being back in the saddle!

M.

Advertisement