Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i do anything about this?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

i was working for a woman 3 days a week but i wanted a full time job so than i got an interview for a creche. the creche gave me work for 2 days a week until christmas so the other woman could find a childminder. so i told the woman 2 weeks before christmas that i was leaving. just to make sure id have a job in the creche for after christmas, the creche said their was full time work for me after christmas.. so the last week before christmas the manager called me aside and basically said that they didnt know if there would be work for me and that they'd call me and leave me know and guess what they didnt even bother to call me.. so now i have nooo work all because of the creche and their lies.. this is not fair and they made me buy their uniform which cost 40euro a few weeks before the christmas so i defo thought there'd be a job for after christmas.. can i do anything about this? its not fair!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

i was working for a woman 3 days a week but i wanted a full time job so than i got an interview for a creche. the creche gave me work for 2 days a week until christmas so the other woman could find a childminder. so i told the woman 2 weeks before christmas that i was leaving. just to make sure id have a job in the creche for after christmas, the creche said their was full time work for me after christmas.. so the last week before christmas the manager called me aside and basically said that they didnt know if there would be work for me and that they'd call me and leave me know and guess what they didnt even bother to call me.. so now i have nooo work all because of the creche and their lies.. this is not fair and they made me buy their uniform which cost 40euro a few weeks before the christmas so i defo thought there'd be a job for after christmas.. can i do anything about this? its not fair!

Unless you signed a contract then no there isn't anything you can do. In regards the uniform, i'd bring that back and get my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 childminderxx

Vanbis wrote: »
    Unless you signed a contract then no there isn't anything you can do. In regards the uniform, i'd bring that back and get my money back.

Thanks vanbis.. they had plenty of time to tell me there was no work.. ugh sure what can you do..

Advertisement