Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think I'm going through Skyrim to quickly ?

Options
  • 12-01-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

So I've completed all the main guilds(companions, the college, dark brotherhood and the thieves guild) haven't finished the main quest yet but I know I'm not far away from doing so which kind of scares me a bit. I thought it would of took ages to do all the guilds as I'm remember from playing Obilvion it did take a lot longer. My question is, is there much left to do after all the main quests and guilds are done ? I know there's loads of little quests to do from meeting people in towns and on the roads, but is that it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

You're going through it too quickly if you aren't stopping to appreciate the plot lines.

And I'd imagine the Skyrim main campaign would be shorter than Oblivion's - keep in mind that game had a single extended mission where you closed a Gate outside every major settlement save the Imperial City. :mad:

When you do beat the main and guild quests, there's still 150 dungeons. :P Some of them have a mini-plot all of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

keithkk16 wrote: »
    So I've completed all the main guilds(companions, the college, dark brotherhood and the thieves guild) haven't finished the main quest yet but I know I'm not far away from doing so which kind of scares me a bit. I thought it would of took ages to do all the guilds as I'm remember from playing Obilvion it did take a lot longer. My question is, is there much left to do after all the main quests and guilds are done ? I know there's loads of little quests to do from meeting people in towns and on the roads, but is that it ?

Have you done the Imperial Legion or Stormcloak quests yet? They take up a few hours.

What level are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    You're going through it too quickly if you aren't stopping to appreciate the plot lines.
    Why do ya mean stopping ? I am stopping, sure ya have to stop anyway to listen to what people are saying to you ?
    kfish2oo2 wrote: »
    Have you done the Imperial Legion or Stormcloak quests yet? They take up a few hours.

What level are you?

No haven't done them yet I shall now though, I've played 72 hours and I'm at level 39.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Why do ya mean stopping ? I am stopping, sure ya have to stop anyway to listen to what people are saying to you ?

Not literally stopping, I mean if you're rushing through the game rather than taking your time to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

My 1st 30 hours in Skyrim were spent literally roaming around the wilderness picking flowers and fighting beasts.. clearing out random caves etc..

Didnt go near main quest till I was bout level 35 I think.. Even at that I felt overpowered, but the game generally is not the most challenging.. just beautiful in every sense of the word!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dyawannagoonme

I personally found that until around level 20.. you are completely underpowered.. you also have to realise that it is impossible to 100% complete the game... the game keeps generating quests so there is always time to stop the appreciate the game :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Have you become thane in every city?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I finished the main quest too quickly for my liking, I was level 11 when i finished it, and it's my first elder scrolls game too I don't know how people manage to get to level 30+ before starting the main quest.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I finished the main quest too quickly for my liking, I was level 11 when i finished it, and it's my first elder scrolls game too I don't know how people manage to get to level 30+ before starting the main quest.

By getting distracted! You'll beat most any set of quests quickly on an Elder Scrolls game if you focus on it. The problem most people have is they get constantly side-tracked by interesting ruins, caves, side-quests, dragons, Oblivion gates, whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Well to be fair it depends what difficulty your playing on,if your lowering it then your gunna do stuff a lot quicker and it takes away from the challenge really. And im pretty sure when you complete either stormcloaks or imperials you then have to take over each city,put the difficulty up and that will take a few hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

There are ~160 quests in Oblivion; there are ~396 in Skyrim that take ~300 hours of gameplay. The only reason Skyrim often feels like it is going faster is that there is so much to do in the game that almost every location is significant so you are nearly always doing something important rather than pointless exploring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I am also finding myself flying through the game , I actually am getting to a stage of running out of other quests because i didnt want to finish off the main one. Oblivion just felt BIGGER !

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

well a direct line quest always feels bigger because you just have that to do. in skyrim i find myself going to a town and completeing 4-5 different quests, so you dont get the exactness of doing just that quest.. generally when u complete a quest u end up getting 2 more there for other towns and then going to wherever has the most again. at the moment i have around 40 open quests.

I didnt go around clearing out random places as i want to have the quest line before going into said places.

currently level ~70. wont get much higher as i dont use blocking so its stuck on 20, magikas are maxed, best weapons and armor, my next "quest" will be going for the level 100 destruction spells i think.

even if you do complete the main quest theres still a hell of a lot to do and a lot of it is immensely entertaining. I reckon even if you come back after clearing the game you will go into buildings you were never in and get new stuff. the holds guards are good when passing to talk to in passing, it doesnt stop you but iv gotten a lot of bounty quests from them which are handy when going random places as theyre something to do along the way (usually kill a dragon or bandit leader)

the problem with skyrim is its not a sitdown for 30 minutes thing. you either get into it and spend 4-5 hours engrossed, or 30 minutes not enjoying yourself before turning it off

Advertisement