Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAT (Waterford airport) mysteriously appears on Flybe's website

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

ziedth wrote: »
    €200 is far from bad compared to the hassle of driving up and down to Dublin. you make a very good point about the bags getting checked through. if they are I would definitely give it ago.

Lay-over time is also another important factor. Less then 90min and again would be worth having a look.

Well they seem to be offering the flights as a package and I don't reckon they'd bother with long layover times. But anyway, it seems like the flights are the same times daily, so you have 4hr 55mins all in there, and something like 4hrs back. That's not bad at all.

Checked Dusseldorf and the flights aren't daily so not as good. Pity we don't have a daily option to Amsterdam.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

So to think about it logically going to Paris Thursday to Monday of the June bank holiday:

From Waterford:

Drive to Airport=30mim(for me)
    Wait for flight= 1 Hour
    Flight time with layover= 5 Hours
    Parking & Travel to airport cost= Free assuming you ask for a lift off someone.
    Cost= €349.72 & 6 1/2 hours door to door

From Dublin with aer lingus same dates:

Drive to Airport= 2 1/2 hours (for me)
    Wait in airport= 2 Hoursish for Dublin
    Flight time= 1 1/2 hours
    Parking and Travel to airport costs= I'm not sure for 4 nights + petrol say €120*?
    Cost= €160+€120*= €280 & 6 hours door to door.

I have worked all that off the websites and guessed the travel cost so I think it's not much in it really when you take the hassle of driving to Dublin into it.*

* I have had a few cans so if there is a mistake in my maths someone might be kind enough to point it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I would still rather the dublin route for paris to be honest. But for direct flights if it wasn't overly expensive I would choose Waterford right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I would still rather the dublin route for paris to be honest. But for direct flights if it wasn't overly expensive I would choose Waterford right away.

It's the return part that usually clinches the Waterford option for me. Arriving into Dublin airport late and having to drive home is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

Girlfriend lives in Dusseldorf, would be pretty nice for her to fly into Waterford, and for me to fly out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

cocoshovel wrote: »

I fly regularly with flybe in and out of Knock (and have flown on the Kevin Keegan one shown in that picture). Their product is absolutely fine, would have no complaints at all, indeed if you are using Aer Arann as a reference point flybe are streets ahead. The one issue is that their Q400s have a habit of going tech from time to time but they won't abandon you and cancel the flight if that happens, they will get another plane in and get you where you want to go.

I would assume that, if you booked a flight to Paris, your bags would be checked right through. That would be a pretty standard expectation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

So to think about it logically going to Paris Thursday to Monday of the June bank holiday:

From Waterford:

Wait for flight= 1 Hour

ya and I've often arrived at waterford airport 15-20 mins before plane boarded and got on with ease.... its a bonus because if going to dublin you have to factor in the drive which may have unforeseen circumstances etc

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

From Waterford:

Wait for flight= 1 Hour

What's this layover about?

There is a connecting flight in Birmingham. The layover is the wait for that second flight to Paris which is about 3 hours in Birmingham airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Thanks..I'd rather drive to Dublin myelf, but hey each to there own..

• Advertisement

I reckon it would depend on the situation. You can imagine a group going away say to Scotland for a Stag/Birthday it would be deadly to have those few hours in Birmigham and have few drinks. Traveling alone or a couple I'd say Dublin might be the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Only about three weeks to go before this route gets going! Anyone any idea what the other likely FlyBE route is going to be? I haven't seen any announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 tawdy

id pay an extra 100 quid to fly from waterford rather then drive up to that big dump in dublin

Advertisement