Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCSI Physiotherapy course

Options
  • 12-01-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi there

considering applying to do the 3 yr physiotherapy course in RCSI for students who already have a degree - has anyone done it here or done any further research on it.

Just wondered if it would be at all possible to hold down a full time job while doing it? money is tight!

open evening is next week

Mods - feel free to move if this isn't posted in the correct forum :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Trish1990

Hey new to Boards.ie,
    I was hoping someone could maybe help and give me some advise. I have an interview for RCSI physiotherapy 3 year course and am just wondering what exactly do they ask in the interview? are the questions based on the content of your personal statement etc or...?
    would really appreciate any information at all with regards to interview prep or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shive25

Hey, I had an interview for physio in rcsi last week. How did you get on? I found the interview pretty intense. It's my top choice so I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Hey so sorry didnt reply sooner,haven't been on this in ages been studying and doing my finals-thakfully all finished now..I actually thought the interview was a little silly, travelled all the way up from Galway for like 15min interview to just tell them everything that was already clearly outlined in my application..anyway got accepted there to the RCSI the other day, not entirely sure if I'll take it though(fees are just crazy--)I think I may take one of the MSc Physiotherapy(pre-registration ) courses in the UK..how bout yourself-how did you get on?hope you got it too..sorry again for the late reply

Hey, well congrats on getting a place :) I didn't get a place but am on the waiting list so fingers crossed. Am on the waiting list for Trinity also and waiting to hear back from UCD. Pretty disappointed thought. How long would the MSc in UK be? Yes - the fees are crazy but I guess once you have a degree everything after that costs an arm and a leg!

well I know I'm probably not taking RCSI and another friend of mine got accepted and she isn't taking it either-it was just a back up plan for the both of us to be honest..so I wouldn't be too disappointed, you are bound to get accepted to one of them, so dont be worrying..if you really want it you'll get it...the course in the UK is 2 years accelerated masters-NHS pays you're fees in a few colleges(not all) and you just pay for accomodation living expenses etc-so not half as expensive as here in Ireland..any word back from UCD yet-have my fingers crossed, I hope you get it !!

• Advertisement

still haven't heard from UCD - so still stalking the postman ;) I take it you have to have a science degree to be accepted into the Masters in the UK? I have an Arts degree. If I don't get in this year then I will apply to the UK next year I think. Have you been accepted into the UK or will you be applying next year?

the postmans best friend at the minute so..well the final day for acceptance for RCSI was yesterday, and as I said my friend and I declined our places,so second round offers should be out soon-so fingers crossed I hope you get it..not too sure about all the colleges in the UK but most of them I think do need a science degree, I just completed a science degree in Physiology so here's hoping..ya I have applied to all the colleges, have a fair few interviews set up for the summer and have accepted Edinburgh straight off as they dont do interviews they either accept or decline you depending on your application..I accepted Edinburgh but still going for the other interviews too beacuse Edinburgh still have fees while a number of the other colleges are funded by the NHS so they pay tuition fees and you just pay your living expenses..definitely worth a look though if you're interested!!lots of the courses dont start till January so you'll have a nice break after finishing your undegrad before you start your masters!

well congrats on getting into Edinburgh and I hope the rest of your interviews go well. I heard from RCSI on Tuesday and I was offered a place - am so happy :D thanks to you and your friend for turning down your places ;) I had a look into the UK and most places you need a Science degree so I wouldnt qualify. My new best friend is the bank manager as I now have to persuade them to give me a loan!

Hey how are things? How's the course going.. Are you enjoying it? Just wondering how the course is goin...I'm over here in the uk doing the masters I spoke about, finding it very strange..its structured very strangely!! All about enquiry based learning, in which we almost teach ourselves.. How is the RCSI course going, is it structured like any undergrad, structured academic lectures, practicals and assessments? Tough I'm sure but manageable all the same?

Advertisement