Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space heating as opposed to lukewarm rads.

• 12-01-2012 10:07pm
    Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

hello,

I have a stove installed which does not do much for the heating of the rads. Even the room output is not great. Rads are lukewarm.
    I have pleanty of free turf but this does not produce enough heat. Big enough boiler. 14 rads so a very big load. If I buy coal the heat greatly improves. However, am I wasting my time spending money on coal when I could just spend it on oil?
    We use the oil regularly anyway. Would this be enough to keep the cylinder hot for hot water? And replace the stove with a non boiler version where at least I could get good space heat from the turf?
    Thats what I am thinking at the moment?
    Opinions?

Tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

You seem to be lacking a good plumber, judging by your other posts you would be well advised to get someone onsite.

• Site Banned Posts: 518 ✭✭✭eamon11

cheers dl, very helpful.

would like to get a few other opinions first. Its because of a "good plumber" that I am in the situation I am in.

anyone know what I am talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

It take alot of good turf to get much heat. I could never see it heating rads. Have you tried good seasoned timber? Cheaper than coal but a good heat output.
    I would never loose the boiler as it gives you alternative heat sources to oil in the event of it becoming crazy expensive or scarse.

Advertisement