Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheese please!!!

Options
  • 12-01-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Is it possible to replace quark with recotta in a recipe and get similar results?
    Cannot find quark anywhere:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Supervalu have Quark with the cottage cheese in the cheese section. Probably only the bigger supervalu shops tho. Not sure if you can substitute but I would say so as texture is similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Thanks slimci but don't have a supervalue near me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Are you near a tesco? I saw some in the one near me yesterday.

As for substituting, I'm not sure sorry I've never had quark so I wouldn't know if ricotta would be a good swap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

joanofarc wrote: »
    Is it possible to replace quark with recotta in a recipe and get similar results?
    Cannot find quark anywhere:(

Yes - very similar, as is cottage cheese.

Ya tried my local tesco, none! going to go with the ricotta and see how it turns out...its for a cheese cake;) Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

You can buy Quark in Aldi and Lidl sometimes. If I was going to make something and was replacing Quark, I think I would use mascarpone.

Thanks neuro......might get a chance to get into an aldi tomorrow....will try there;)

Advertisement