Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockabilly Fusion

Options
  • 12-01-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

Just testing the waters here, so don't get all excited but just wondering if there are any musicians out there with an interest in forming a rockabilly band with some added panache.

Straight up I'm thinking, Charlie Feathers, 'Surfing instrumentals like in Pulp Fiction', Johnny Cash, Link Wray, Tony Joe White and a few Blues classics thrown in for the mix and even some 'O Brother where art thou' for the cherry on top. Many more considered, too many to mention but I'm making a list baby.

It's a tall order, but I think it's possible. I might have to make a flow chart/presentation to form an image of what I'm trying to put together. Like Joey "The Lips" Fagan said "People need soul". Well, I concur and I think, in Ireland especially, we need a bit of jive and life and balls to our music (again) injected back into the masses.

I will be waiting in my inbox for the torrent of replies.

Peace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 TotalBetty

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pirateireland

Good question, I should have included that! I am from Louth but in and around Louth/Meath/Dublin and anywhere that is within reasonable travel distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Pulp_Surfin

What instrument do you play? Would defo be up for forming a Rockabilly band with some added panache!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 powerb

Hello, drummer residing in your vicinity is up for the challenge. Sounds like good fun. Get in touch if you want to meet up for a jam. Plenty of experience, have played some stuff along these lines in previous band. Cheers.

Advertisement